is a Power Bee 580 engine by US Marine the same thing as a West Bend 580?

Can someone school me on the West bend engines? I have an opportunity to buy a Power Bee 580 engine by US Marine. What was the engine mounted to originally? I'm also want to find out the date of this engine, I took down the serial number, it is 21779 - Model 58037. My plan for this engine would be to restore it into a West Bend go-kart engine with all the odds and ends, is that possible, what problems could I run into?

Is this a desireable engine, the guy threw out a price of $200 - its unrestored with good compression and complete? I want to offer a fair price but at the same time can't afford to overpay and could wait until another comes along for cheaper.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Model 58037 was built for Stone Construction, Haneye, NY for a tamper, it is rated at 4.0 HP @5500 rpm. With the factory V reed intake and a larger carburetor you can get 5+ HP from it. All the 580's are basically the same with carburetor, reed intake and timing difference, depending on the application. I would guess that engine was built in the 80's as that is when Chrysler Marine sold the engine division to US Marine, in '91 US Marine sold to US Motor Power. The insides of the 580's are all the same, pto's varied according to application, the 58037 has a 9/16 inch by 1.88 inch pto with a #5 woodruff key, Max-torque can build a karting clutch to fit that pto.
If the engine is in excellent condition $200.00 is fair.