Is there a Way to Get a Little More RPMs Without Removing Govenor?

I'm running a Predator bone stock for now and I am wondering if anyone has found a way to adjust the governor to allow just a little more RPMs. Any ideas?

web20141205_133109.jpg

Have a look at the hand throttle on the engine (the lever you would normally move to speed up or slow down the engine). Behind that lever should be a screw that the lever stops against. That is the governor adjust screw. Backing that screw out will increase governed maximum RPM. Should get you up to about 4000RPM.

Have a look at the hand throttle on the engine (the lever you would normally move to speed up or slow down the engine). Behind that lever should be a screw that the lever stops against. That is the governor adjust screw. Backing that screw out will increase governed maximum RPM. Should get you up to about 4000RPM.
Thanks for pointing out that very simple adjustment! I feel silly for not noticing it, it is an obvious travel stop.

Really wakes up the engine! I backed it out about 3 turns and easily got my 225lb butt up to 35mph. I could back it out further but now that I know I can control it, I can adjust it for the kids.

Thanks again!