Is this a HS50?

Getting this engine tommorow, . Can any Tec experts id this one by the pictures?

I got my HM80 off him, but he told my it was a 7hp Tec at the time. This one he is saying is an 8hp one, but in the pics the gas tank is too small, and the carb is totally wrong to be a bigger tec (correct me if i'm wrong). I asked him what the shaft size is and he said half inch.?? said its bored and hasa polished piston and a rebuilt carb (said that about the last one, hello niagra falls out the carb).

Any help would be appreciated. Its a coollooking engine.

It is not a Hs50, It is at least an h50, but could be bigger. I think the h50, 60, 70 al look the same on the out side, but I am not an expert on them. You can go by the numbers stamped on the shroud. Post the numbers here someone should be able to decode them.

It is not a Hs50, It is at least an h50, but could be bigger. I think the h50, 60, 70 al look the same on the out side, but I am not an expert on them. You can go by the numbers stamped on the shroud. Post the numbers here someone should be able to decode them.
Yup.. :thumbsup:

It's an H Tecumseh.. POSSIBLY HM or HH.. But it's the H big block.. Nice motor either way..

Thanks guys, i'll post up the serial numbers tommorow when I get it, he never got back to me with them. And yes it has 120v starter. I'm exited to start it.

It should be sweet on the mini, I have my HM80 mounted and ready, but i'm having a hard time justifying the money for a 1" clutch. This will do very nicely as a substitute (I wanna run a Tec on the DB instead of a clone). I'll post more pictures of it tomorrow and the numbers, cheers