J.C. Pennies/Bird Mini Bike Info Wanted?

I just picked up a chrome J.C. Pennies/Bird Mini Bike, naturally it needs some work and shining up.
Did these bikes come with a Briggs or Tecumseh engine?
Anything else you can tell me about it will be appreciated

Nice Foremost Golden Pinto ( Bird ) sold by JC penny , we have members on this forum that can reproduce the seat , seat mounts are easy to replicate and good looking aftermarket shocks are also easy to find or even original sebac shocks can be found , you have an easy one to bring back to life ! Would've had a Tecumseh on it !! The added rear footpegs need to go and rear fender may be hard to find but a new one from OldMiniBikes would work !

Last edited:

markus

I have a 5hp tec. I need the mini bike/ go cart throttle linkage for it.
What does the original muffler look like?
an H50 is going to be cumbersome in one of those if thats what you have. It will be wider than the briggs is in there, making it really hard to get at the right footpeg.

An HS50 fits good, since its the same dimensions as the original HS40 was with just a more square shroud, 10lbs lighter too :thumbsup: thats what I had used on the beater one I had: http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/p...l-tigre-rider-project.html?highlight=el+tigre it was a very fun low budget rider :thumbsup: