Jacked up Tecumseh ohh60 (Governor removal gone bad) Need help

One of my Buddies bought a new tecumseh 6.0 powersports engine a while back and decided he didn't like the governor after he broke it in. The engine ran perfect before but not so much afterwards.

I brought it home to keep it from going in the scrap pile. It literally has like 5 hours on the engine.

He left the linkage alone but busted up the plastic governor gear and threw away the spool just the gears spindle is left. I came across a used side plate with the spool intact and complete and I want to swap it to get it back to running condition to put it on a Kart for my son. I am confused on how the spool reattaches to the curved rod in the crankcase..

Is the curved rod (circled in yellow) to the governor arm supposed to fit into the governor spools opening Itself? (circled in yellow)

I pulled some pics off the next to see if you guys can help me figure out how the governor attaches to the curved rod in the case leading to the external linkage. Or doe it attach to it even at all and ride against it?

I don't want to try to get it running without the governor. My sons 5 and I want to keep the dang thing from blowing apart.

Also as a edit. I noticed my cam is missing the yoke are and compression release spring as shown on this pic of a Tecumseh power sports cam I found on the net. I assume I need these two parts as well?

Attachments

Last edited: