jet drilling?

Do they sel drill bits to drill out a jet or a rejet kit for ohv lawn mower engines. My turd costco champion engine`s jet is a touch too small and falls on its face when i open the choke. I pulled the carb apart and my guess is the jet.

When you take off the choke?

I have two "turds" and they run perfect and we ride them hard too. :thumbsup: Ours start on the first pull and don't liked to be choked long just to start then we put them on half choke for a few seconds then off and go.

cool thanx guys It just doesnt like it when I open the choke all the way. I pulle the carb apart last night to find the jet is very restricted. I was thinking drilling it out a tad with a drill press since the jet already sux.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
You can try it if you like. But normally you will end up drilling it around the size of a #100 jet. It will still run good, but it will be just a tad rich. But if your plaining on porting the head, going that big is great.

Were's a good deal on the jets and stiffer springs? Do you need a jet tool and spring tool? I haven't messed with the Honda type engines yet and don't have a repair manual for them.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The Honda dealer sells these parts in stock in my area. You should check your local area for the same.

G200 springs, or GX140 springs
#70-#110 jets.

The Honda dealer sells these parts in stock in my area. You should check your local area for the same.

G200 springs, or GX140 springs
#70-#110 jets.
Are both model springs the same stiffness? So if I go 90-92 jet what springs would work best.

And do I need special tools? Thanks

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The stiffer the spring the better as long as it doesn't hurt the cam lobes. The clones are limited to around 24 lbs, while the Honda can Handle 28 lbs.(Quality)

GX140 springs 14 lbs
G200 springs 18 lbs

No special tools needed.

These mild springs ware out fast when your free reving, or running at high speed for a good while. So make sure you get more then one pair.

I have another question. Where can I buy heads and cams? and also what models work? I dont wanna build a cruiser I`m looking to build a mild drag bike but not kill myself riding it too lol. I`m also building a 5 hp briggs with raptor crank conn. rods and piston and a crane cam. what should be done to the valve train on the briggs?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
nutwagonfromhell you should have started a new thread.

But either way if you have a GX200 6.5hp model, or Clone 6.5hp model. One of the best upgrades is to put the smaller 5.5hp head on it. This boost the static compression ratio up. Now there are two different small chamber GX160, or clone 5.5hp heads availble. One is 18cc, and the other is 14cc. I always use the smaller 14cc head "NO MATTER WHAT".

Later you can always have large valves installed, or have it ported ,etc.

Cams are limited because no body sells a race cam right out for the Honda. If they do it will cost around $250 for it. What you normally have to do is send out your stock cam and have it welded and reground into a race cam profile.

On the briggs you have simply going to a longer spring will provide enough spring pressure to run a mild cam. Now if your cam is over .300" lift you will be better off with running dual valve springs. But if you do have a cam that large, you will need a billet rod. The Raptor rod won't handle it.

I always have a lot of full race parts, but I don't know if you guys are really into that kind of stuff. But I will start posting it in the Classifieds area.