just bought last night. please help ID

R

rustybike

I know this is from the 70's. It didn't come with a rear wheel or engine but I have extra parts so that's why I bought it. I have no idea what it is and I wanna see what they looked like before the previous owner modded some things. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

markus

I dont know if Alexander Reynolds was still the actual maker by the time those were made or not :shrug: they are from the 80's (this catalog is 1985) this company was selling them along with matching karts etc.. Could get them with a Tecumseh or Kawasaki engine:

R

rustybike

Thanks a lot Markus. This mini bike doesn't have a normal plate to mount a Tecumseh engine. It has two thin bars that's all. I'm gonna post a pic of what I'm talking about.

It was still Arco. I own the catalog. Looks like around 1986 was the end?

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

R

rustybike

Thank you minibikin. I'm not sure if I should throw a 5hp Tecumseh on it since it doesn't have the correct plate for it or try to find the right Kawasaki engine for it if that's what it came with. Any time you get a chance to check your catalogs that would be greatly appreciated.

I've never seen one with the Kawi yet. As many that are in the area since they were built in North Jersey, you'd think I'd run across one.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]

I'm pretty sure your engine plate has been cut off and those bars added. The Kawasaki engine they are talking about in the brochure is pictured on the lower bike and they bolt up the same way a Tecumseh would.

R

rustybike

I'm pretty sure your engine plate has been cut off and those bars added. The Kawasaki engine they are talking about in the brochure is pictured on the lower bike and they bolt up the same way a Tecumseh would.
I couldnt really tell from the pic because I'm on my phone. I'm just gonna use this extra engine plate and engine so I can ride this thing asap.