Just got a Victor Mini-Scrambler!

DaddyJohn

I grew up riding an original ‘69 Honda Z50 mini-trail, so am pretty nostalgic for the model. That said, I’m not nostalgic enough to pay what they go for nowadays! Anyway, when one of these came up within a reasonable driving distance, I jumped on it! It’s a Victor Mini-Scrambler (also sold as a Hap Jones Master). It’s got an H35 Tecumseh on it, and I believe was probably bought as a chassis kit that the local retailer or purchaser could add their own engine to. This one is in remarkably complete condition, and not badly rusted or anything. It’s complete other than that ne
Missing tank badge and a broken off lever. The plan is to repaint the silver parts silver, set aside the H35 (that actually fires on ether) with an HS50 (painted silver to match), redo the seat (needs foam and a new cover made, anyone do this reasonably?), and basically just go through it all and get it working again. Should be fairly easy, other than the seat!

Attachments

DaddyJohn

I remember reading somewhere that it used the same gas tank as the Hondas... I could be wrong and be thinking of a different bike..??
As near as I can tell, it’s exactly the same, except in chrome. Chrome is pretty decent on this one. Should make it easy getting the mounting rubbers, petcock, and cap gasket.

DaddyJohn

Looks like it is wearing Honda wheels, brakes and bars, too.
Great find!
Believe it or not, the wheels/brakes are not interchangeable, nor the handlebars. The wheels/brakes are stamped “Victor”, and the bars lack the slot/holes for internal slide-actuated throttle and cable. Also, they don’t have the lever perches integrally welded to them like the Z50. Highly derivative though!