Kawasaki cdi ignition

Thepaetsguy

sigh well it slipped my mind I’ll need this. it‘s ordered and will be here in a week. I do have the pulse coil and cdi so I can start mocking up coil brackets. F4D52383-8511-496B-AED8-18F0C1036B47.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

Okay. And it's just for spark, huh? With semi-adjustable timing?
Tons of adjustment on the bracket.
also 9 maps if I do end up picking up one of these chepo cdi’s to test.

Maybe one that’s adjustable with a flat blade screwdriver. I was also looking at more expensive digital cdi’s not sure yet. A lot of help from the performance cdi parts youtube page

BE5AE7DF-6315-4944-8DB9-FF342559CAD7.jpeg 35F3B688-5F3F-4BDD-ACC8-F9A407A10EA3.png
EE0A2BA2-EC51-4941-AA6D-B6D572C2D8F3.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I found the post!! The timing is not so finite that it can’t be messed with once it’s locked. It can be adjusted cruising down the street actually. I guess a callback to the model cars with the timing lever on the steering wheel?

In my application I would set the coil then place the cdi on the dashboard of the kart. I’d have to figure out how to go wide open throttle steering with one hand and twisting the timing screw on the box with the other. Adjusting the timing for best performance under load. 4945E0A5-BF83-4012-AAA0-B6872A52F80B.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I hid the cdi box/coil under the tank to keep everything neat. Just add oil/battery..

I bought this 3hp cleaned it up and never started it or heard it run.

pouring Gas/oil in them is so annoying it drips and runs all over messes up paint and then draining it all to store it. Or just leave it outside in the weather.. Half of me wants to hear it but the other half says just keep it display and don’t even worry about the function.. 4FAA9EDE-B9AB-4CAE-9093-1A2424074C42.jpeg 9648FAF6-657D-44EA-B1A0-759AE23A096B.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

You don't have a funnel?
Michael
I still seem to get oil all over the paint somehow. after I run them they just loose that shine.

That just LOOKS like it would be ear-splitting, annoying, no melody, loud and not fun to be around.

FIRE IT UP!
I’m gonna pour some oil in it and see what happens. I’m kind of hoping it‘s that deep exhaust note. Like the loop pipes they sound so good.

Thepaetsguy

And local police department
Just about every road out here is non patrolled backstreets with big green signs that have a picture of a guy riding an fourwheeler.

Most of the country is actually atv legal route now. I use to ride legal to work on a ds80 it was all atv legal routes from the driveway to the front door of the factory.

Thepaetsguy

Just about every road out here is non patrolled backstreets with big green signs that have a picture of a guy riding an fourwheeler..
And local police department
Honestly someone needs to just make up 5 or 10 more gets some posts off eBay or out of the river and make the last needed streets atv legal.

It’s elderly riding side by sides packed with like 4 kids and they ride along the roads picking flowers. No one would even care if the last few streets that make travel easier became atv legal overnight. Kids on fourwheelers having fun. It’s not looked down on out here.