Killswitch??

how did they stop Rupp motors? i have to pull the wire on the plug to stop mine, because i guess i dont have a kill switch, my freind got a nasty shock when he did it, and i want to wire a kill switch,

the guy before me did something and mounted a switch, but the wires got pulled off and i dont know where to put them, one is attached to the frame, the other? i dont know?

ohh, and its a tec HS40

Assuming it's a points engine run a wire off the stud on the points, where the condenser hooks on. If it's elec. just run a wire from the spade on the coil to your switch.:smile:

ok, i got it to work, but im not sure if its the correct way,

ill just use a pic off ruppparts to show you guys,

is that correct? it works, when its off the motor starts, and when i hit it the motor shuts off,

yes, if you found the single wire coming out o the motor, and it kilss the motor.. That is the one... You ground it anywhere to the frame or motor and it shorts out the coil... looks like you win this time.. :thumbsup:

yeah!:drinkup:

on that plate where B is, there was a male tab, so i grabbed a female tab, and put it on some wire, started it, and when i touched the frame, it cut out, :thefinger:

i added a nice kill switch and made the wires look cleaner to the frame,

Cool deal, yeah the original is just the simple black plastic button screws to the handle bars with a strip clamp thing and mushes a couple contact points together inside.. You can still buy them new in the plastic... As nice as the machine is, I can't believe they didn't put it right to begin with. :doah: