Kind of bummed out but it was just a car

I just sold my 2002 chevy tracker ZR2 had it since it was new and sold it with only 33'500 miles.

But it had to be done and now I can look forward to a new toy in the distant future.(most likely a jeep-maybe for my 50th B-day)

Now I can keep my TrailBlazer with the whopping 29000 miles on it and still pull the 6x14 enclosed trailer if I need to.

but if you bought a new smart to pull your trayler,just think of the gas millage you would get,save big bucks! :smile:
It would be like pulling around its own garage.

I couldnt see myself buying a smart car unless the MPG is up around 150MPG but at 40-45MPG they can stick it.

toomanytoys

It would be like pulling around its own garage.

I couldnt see myself buying a smart car unless the MPG is up around 150MPG but at 40-45MPG they can stick it.
What kills me is I had a 5 speed cobalt. I could squeeze 36-38mpg out of it on the highway, one time 41mpg filling up, driving 2 miles getting on the highway, and driving 400 miles without stopping on the interstate, and pulling right into a gas station.

Why by a hybrid? You don't gain a whole lot and get a pig in return. At least the cobalt would move out if you wanted it too.

Well anyway I have the money to make payments on the TB until I strike a balance and can just pay it off, if I sell her dualsport I'll be set.

After that gets paid off and frees up over $300 a month we're going after that damn care credit card my wife has at a whopping 30% interest rate.

They want us to buy those cheap coffins errr.....cars but they dont want us to get to much fuel economy because then they'll lose out on gas tax revenue.

They are thinking mileage tax.

If you think they wont do that then you might want to do some research because they are working on covering the lost revenue from fuel taxes when MPG's double and gas tax revenue's get cut in half.

Here is a depressing read.
CBO: Taxing mileage a 'practical option' for revenue enhancement