Knives

Oldsalt

Today I visited a friends garage where he makes knives. Very nice knives. A guy arrived with a coffee table type book dedicated to custom knives. happened to have my camera in my pocket. The attached picture shows two pages that highlight two knife/gun combinations that my friend has made. These are one-off items and are entirely hand made. Bruce is VERY talented! He even makes the Damascus steel for the blades. Just thought it'd be interesting.

I was bored one night and started reading about Damascus steel a bit and blade forging. Sounded very interesting! Wouldn't mind having some kitchen knives made of it :)

Oldsalt

I was bored one night and started reading about Damascus steel a bit and blade forging. Sounded very interesting! Wouldn't mind having some kitchen knives made of it :)

Just the blade blanks for a 6 piece set of kitchen knives in hand made damascus would be worth some serious cash. I have a 3/16 X 1 X 5 piece of 'basket weave' that is wouth more that a couple of my mini bikes. This guy showed me how he makes the various kinds of damascus in his little shop. All I can say is that a guy has to have a lot of time on his hands.

Oldsalt

Not only skill and experience but also a great amount of creativity. A few years ago this guy had never made his own springs useing spring wire. I showed him the raw basics on how to manrel them on a lathe. Two weeks later I saw him he was then a lot better at it than ever will be.

tomsprops

Every year around my B-day is the Blade Mag Knife show in Pasadena CA. This year I think it on the 5-7 of March . Great deals to be found there !

How does this work , making a gun and selling it. Say I invent a small gun/knife can I sell them to people that can own say hand guns? Just would like to know the law part of this I do have a idea on a item.
Dean , Michigan.

2 Heath Kits
1 Rupp Scrambler project

Oldsalt

How does this work , making a gun and selling it. Say I invent a small gun/knife can I sell them to people that can own say hand guns? Just would like to know the law part of this I do have a idea on a item.
Dean , Michigan.

2 Heath Kits
1 Rupp Scrambler project
The limp wrested queer legislators left a loophole in the laws regarding firearms. Namely that their laws don't apply to any firearm that does NOT use 'fixed amunition'. In other words a muzzle loader is exempt so you can make a pistol and sell it. To make and sell a gun that uses fixed amunition can get complicated...you will need a manufacture's license. A near impossibility. I'ts just obama type BS to take away the 2nd amendment.