Knockoff vm22 choke enrichment circuit lever position.

Thepaetsguy

On the knockoffs in the third picture that I use pulling the choke cable eliminator up lifts the needle out of the enrichment port allowing raw fuel to dump in. And pushing the choke eliminator back down lowers the needle back into the port blocking it off.

I have seen a bunch of posts saying the mikuni in the second picture the choke eliminator is pulled up raising the plunger shutting the enrichment off. And for starting eliminator is pushed down allowing raw fuel flow??

8E059D6A-D1AB-43D6-98E3-2F96A9E89878.jpeg B5125C80-8197-430F-B7B4-CF6B0D5E340F.jpeg 21EBC71B-4844-47D3-A0AA-E428E34EAF4D.jpeg

All I can tell you is is that on my mikuni vm22 you push the”enricher” down to release more fuel and start the bike once warm raise the “enricher” and ride away…

Thepaetsguy

All I can tell you is is that on my mikuni vm22 you push the”enricher” down to release more fuel and start the bike once warm raise the “enricher” and ride away…
100% confirmed by me on the carburetor in the third picture. As for the carb in the second picture I have seen engines in videos being ran with what I assumed to be the enrichment on lever pushed down plunger pulled up? Always thought it was weird but then I was told no that’s enrichment off..

Thepaetsguy

There’s only two ways I see it happening. the lever is pushed down and the plunger is raised into position to block off ports in the sidewall

OR the lever is lifted and the plunger is dropped dropping a needle into a port to block it off. I guess you would have to pop the enrichment plunger out and see if it’s a needle. But keep in mind on my ARTICCAT the plunger does not have a needle. It has a flat surface that just blocks off the port like the needle does.

Thepaetsguy

Ok I understand. So the lever itself does not matter pay no attention to it. The carburetor in the second picture has a convoluted linkage for the choke I didn’t account for. So the only thing that matters is when it’s running the plunger is blocking the port that raw fuel can dump through. You can open that port for starting. But once it‘s warmed up it has to be whatever position that does not directly dump raw fuel. And on the Carb In the second picture that linkage could flip things and make it so pushing the lever down is off.

DaddyJohn

Lots of people have trouble tuning their carbs, only to find (or possibly never figure out) that they’re running it with the choke on. :D

Thepaetsguy

Lots of people have trouble tuning their carbs, only to find (or possibly never figure out) that they’re running it with the choke on. :D
I’m super happy all the $20 mikunis I buy have the plunger with the needle tip that works like the carb slide needle. Lift the needle out of the port let more raw fuel in. It was the linkage that flips that whole deal 180 making it so pushing the lever down turns off the enrichment off.. That had me confused.