Large bore tillotson 2 bolt air Horns?

markus

This is actually for a 4 stroke gas carb, but I figured this might be the best spot to ask since someone in the vintage karting world might know or have some ideas. I have a large bore tilly HL and I want to use velocity stack/air horn on it. I never payed attention till the other day when I noticed this thing is a way bigger bore and bolt pattern than the HL's I have on my 2 stroke kart engines.

When searching around for flanged stack, I saw a reference to an airhorn (I think it was a vantech) that just stated for the big bore carbs on a certian mac and it was 2 bolt not hte 3 bolt, no measurements though. Just wondering if anyone would know of one that might fit this thing so I know what to look for.

Here is the bore pattern:

What I am hoping to find (something like the 2 on the left. I can modify that air cleaner assembly on the right by opening up the intake hole and redrilling for the bigger bolt pattern, as its for the smaller pattern, but it not really the look I want and it would be easier to force choke a stack if needed)

The HL tillys had different spacings. If you look at EC different velocity stacks you will see different ones for the different carbs. Some carbs just have a straight entry until the venture ring and these are usually ones with a choke or choke provision. Others like 360, 365b, 380 and others have no choke and a tapered venturi entry and these can be wider. I do not have any idea how many different widths there are but I bet if you called EC guys and explain they could probably tell you how many various widths there are. I guess you are wanting to use the vintage style air horns correct?

markus

The HL tillys had different spacings. If you look at EC different velocity stacks you will see different ones for the different carbs. Some carbs just have a straight entry until the venture ring and these are usually ones with a choke or choke provision. Others like 360, 365b, 380 and others have no choke and a tapered venturi entry and these can be wider. I do not have any idea how many different widths there are but I bet if you called EC guys and explain they could probably tell you how many various widths there are. I guess you are wanting to use the vintage style air horns correct?
Yea, This is totally "form over function". Kehin or however they spell that has a flatslide carb that goes between 28-32mm I think the bore on mine tapers out to 30-31mm. there are 2 bolt flange stacks for them, but I got to see if someone will get me some rough measurements. Its probably going to too big though.