Lil Indian 1968-69 sales brochure and parts catalog list for a Grand series 6000

It would be a 1968 6000. The info I'll get to you will have everything for that year bike. I have the same. 1969 was the year swap to mag wheels and fold down handlebars. Early 69 bikes had a plate/fold down set up that was mounted on top of the top triple tree. ( basically two top plates). At some point they made it into one. Hard to pin down when that happened. 68 rear swing arm was different than 69. It should have a flat plate on it with slots for the brake and the adjuster plate. Chain guards for 68 and 69 were the same with the Briggs.
By any chance does your 5 HP have a small L bracket mounted to one of the breather screws? I need to make a repo for mine.
Will be in touch,
Regards,
Joe
Joe51, that bracket is part #223169.
There is one on Ebay for $6.98 free shipping.
Do you have a pic of how the throttle cable attaches to the carb? thanks, Jim

Throttle cable attached under the air cleaner. There is a U shape on the carb body with a threaded hole underneath. Cable housing end fits in that and held down by a screw and washer. The cable itself goes to the top arm of that T shaped bracket in my previous picture and is held on with a cable stop. I'll scan a picture of that as well this week from a lil indian service manual. It's not a great picture but shows it hooked up.
Joe PS.. thanks for the bracket info. I purchased it this am. Also.. on E bay is a Lil Indian 6000 roller. The red one. That is a 70 model. Notice engine plate and foot peg location. That plate was for the Tecumseh. Last year of the Grand Series and 2 speed for the large bikes.

markus

Throttle cable attached under the air cleaner. There is a U shape on the carb body with a threaded hole underneath. Cable housing end fits in that and held down by a screw and washer. The cable itself goes to the top arm of that T shaped bracket in my previous picture and is held on with a cable stop. I'll scan a picture of that as well this week from a lil indian service manual. It's not a great picture but shows it hooked up.
I've got a pretty clean shot from one of my LI manuals already had loaded up for someone a couple years back. It shows the 5 and 3 hp hookups on the century series but I verified it with the Grand series breakdown sheets I have and its the same drawing shown on them: