lil indian twist grip and decals

hi all., im looking for a throttle twist grip and the decals for a lil indian mini bike ..I have had the mini bike since I was 5 im now 53 ..its been painted and ready to put back together ..the brake side grip is like new I would really like to find an orig .to match it .I think the only decal was a very small one on the fork stem ..?? thanks everyone

thank you ... now I just need an orig style throttle twist grip ..I have a friend that has an nos brake side im almost tempted to try and bore it out somehow and make it fit ..

markus

thank you ... now I just need an orig style throttle twist grip ..I have a friend that has an nos brake side i'm almost tempted to try and bore it out somehow and make it fit ..
I've managed to get 7/8" hunt wildes onto the throttles before, I could not find a white 1" at the time, I put the grip in hot water and the throttle in the freezer (metal shaft version) and fought and fought, It was a bitch, the grip ribs of the throttle shaft are prominently seen around the grip and stuff cause its so tight on there.

your decals might be the the little triangle one if its that old, those pop up on ebay, allied just has the later version ones last time I looked.

lil indian decal | eBay

thanks . my lil indian came medium green metalic with black pleated seat 3 hp briggs with large tank small chrome chain guard larger style cherry brake lever aluminum wheels.i cant remember any decal ..

thanks everyone ., im more of a vintage kart guy ..but im giving this a try its scratch built I work on it once in awhile ..

Last edited:

Mean Dean

Those are the older Odeon Corp grips. They used them early on so did Ruttman until 67' In 68' they went to soft grips. By the way just so everyone knows Lil Indian founders Ray and Regis Michrina designed the throttle assy we now know all these years. They had a Japanese Co. come and do mock ups and they copied them They were selling them even before they received their first order. They did not have a patent.

george3

Those are the older Odeon Corp grips. They used them early on so did Ruttman until 67' In 68' they went to soft grips. By the way just so everyone knows Lil Indian founders Ray and Regis Michrina designed the throttle assy we now know all these years. They had a Japanese Co. come and do mock ups and they copied them They were selling them even before they received their first order. They did not have a patent.
Cool info there.