Locked up raptor

One of the reasons I do not use Evaporust is that it seems to not work well where rust and aluminum are fuzed together. It is not a good penetrating oil and the rusty rings will not let go of the cylinder wall.
Just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

joshua. c.

I had a tecumseh with the rings stuck firm to the cylender walls Nothing would free it up. My dad took it to work and pressed the piston out with a dydraulic press then I sent it out to be re board and it cleand right up.

you may also be able to put a large pice of metal on top of the piston and give it a few good wacks with a hammer and see if it moves. It may also help to try flipping it over and hitting the bottom of the cylender with penitrating oil.

Triley41395

It’s been sitting for a while. Any good methods to try to force it out?
I'd probably put the side cover back on, put vise grips on the end of the crank and turn it till you can try and get the rod cap off.
No matter what, you're going to have to get the crank to turn to get it apart.

After three months, I mean after you forget about it and move onto another project, it will be in your way one day. It will move freely and you will look back, smiling when you remember why it was laying there. Be patient. Happy New Year!

Thepaetsguy

that’s a WMS 7575 billet 3.875 connection rod and who knows most likely a stock piston.

A Burris/Wiseco piston would be really cool though! Let it soak and try your best to move that crank and piston/rod as little as possible. Just enough to get the bolt out and the cap off. Pushing the piston down would be ideal then honing the top and pushing it up and out.

Last edited: