Looking for help identifying Alexander Reynolds EZ Rider

Hi Guys,

I just picked up this bike yesterday and am trying to get any info I can to identify the year and model.
Everything looks original. The info on the motor is worn off but there is a metal tag on the side of the motor
with the numbers 550-67060A Below that is 32718. I would like to know who mfg the motor and the HP.I haven't seen a lot of these with the torque converter and the trial wheels and tires. Thanks for looking and thanks for any help.

Fdeeptone Alexander Reynolds EZ RIDER.jpg

markus

The numbers on that little tag are the engine numbers, the first couple years of the HS50 they did that for those particular engines. It is an HS50 you need to really clean it up (the tag) better as you are problaby getting some numbers wrong.

with a '73 (if that is the correct starting digit in the 2nd set of numbers) HS50, it's problaby a buccaneer or a bushwacker depending on lighting provisions, this brochure shot shows them, but it pretty blurry to get good info from:

This is a little later model than the brochure, but were some pretty good shots of one that sold a few years ago on ebay:

in 1971/72 at least they called them ARX and ARX-k for the lighted one, Its possible it bleed into 73 too (there is a gap in my info at that point)

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info. I had a feeling it was one of these 2 models but there are no lights on the bike and the seat threw me of as well with the rack on the back. There is a label on the front of the bike that looks original. It is the EZ rider logo. The motor looks the same as the Buccaneer. This must have a replacement torque converter cover. It looks much different. Again thanks so much. I'll post some pictures
when it's doing its duty at the swap meet this year. I wouldn't mind finding the headlight for it. We ride all night when we are camping.
Keep riding!

markus

No problem, If those engine numbers are correct, it does not have lighting provisions so you will want to go to a battery operated system if you do go for lights. Have fun with it :thumbsup: