Looking for some 5HP Fun Power Info..

I just bought an old school Ruttman Spyder that had a 5 HP Fun Power on it. The engine runs great, I'm new to this so just looking for some info about my engine and so on....

engine numbers:
960208YA

Seem like a good engine to you guys.... Also, do Raptor 3 parts interchange with this engine? Thanks in advance...

OK, What you have is a 1996 Engine made by Briggs & Stratton.
These are very reliable engines with many performance options available.

Most Raptor parts will interchange, but there are variations involving the crankshaft & carburetor stuff.

I see it has a Home-Depot straight pipe on it.:thumbsup:

RobK

We had one on a go kart. It always started and idled nice. It's a simple setup with no adjustments on the carb. Aluminum bore too, no iron liner. I bought a raptor connecting rod, rebuilt the engine, shaved the head down, and removed the governor. It ran well.

Cool, thanks... Yeah, I read about the pipe in a few articles...Works and sounds...Great...lol. My son and I are gonna ride it for another month or so, then when the snow falls we are gonna do a restoration project... I see there are a lot of things that can be done to this engine, so gotta figure a budget and go from there... I got it for 100 dollars... couldn't pass it up.....

Well, for starters, the oil level should be kept at the upper threads of the oil fill plug opening.

It wouldn't hurt to change it and add some synthetic oil either.

And always make sure the gas cap is tight before riding.
I've lost a few caps over the years.