Looking to buy a NOS 5 HP Tecumseh to be used with a Comet TC

I'm looking to buy either a NOS Tecumseh 5 hp HS50 (or similiar) or one that's already rebuilt and basically looks early 70's period correct and runs perfectly. I need one with a 3/4" keyed & threaded shaft too. This isn't needed for show, but I am doing a father/son project and want an engine that runs well & looks really nice on an old Gilson/Wards frame.

BTW - I cannot use one of the newer style OHV models with the angled cylinder because installing the Torque Converter at an angle conflicts with the frame & sprocket alignment. Darn the bad luck!

Please contact me with pics & prices.

Eric

What model Gilson wards bike do you have.
I'm parting one out and it came with an H50 Tecumseh. It sure had Alot of torque.

I'm not really sure on an exact model.

I picked this frame up locally for $40 bux on CL. It had been repainted (badly) many times and all badging had been long ago stripped. It's just my guess on being a Gilson/Wards frame.

The only reason I say it's a guess is this one had no permanently mounted footpegs, just some of the "clamp on" style ones. I haven't seen a Gilson like this before with that king of footpeg mounting setup.

I just decided to use this frame on a project for my son and scrap everything else since it had been stored outside for a long long time.