manco streaker ?? need help

capguncowboy

The only Manco bike that Sears sold (as far as I know) was the Puddle Jumper

Your bike looks like a standard Manco Streaker (the older model -- metal fenders, axle tab was on top of the frame instead of below it)

Where are you getting the info that it's a Sears bike?

markus

early 80's sears mini bike like yours far right obviously :thumbsup::

View attachment 75537

And yes these were Manco made, and they were the 3rd version of the bike that manco called "streaker" Here is the same year sold under the Manco name the one with Kelly Earnhart on it, sitting right about the spot where pop's rolling roadblock went south years later:

View attachment 75539

markus

there I a stamp on the motor mount ,,,, it has the numbers 391-80900 serial number is 2247
If you leave the - out of the part number you can pulled up the exploded view on the sears parts site still, you can usually do that for most of the bke they sold.

darwin

the green one is exactly like mine ,,,but it has sears stamp ,,im so confused ,,could it be a rare bike and could it be valuble ??

capguncowboy

the green one is exactly like mine ,,,but it has sears stamp ,,im so confused ,,could it be a rare bike and could it be valuble ??
Over the years, lots of stores sold bikes labeled after themselves. Montgomery Ward, Sears and JC Penny, just to name a few. In nearly all cases, these bikes were made by mini bike manufacturers such as Manco, Cat (HPE Muskin), Gilson, Alexander Reynolds (ARCO), and Bird. At the same time they made the bikes for these stores, they were making nearly identical models and selling them under their own name.

That doesn't make your bike rare, nor does it add any more value to it. What makes a bike valuable is it's desirability -- the more people that "have to have it", the more value it holds. The only thing you can do to increase desirability on this bike is to improve condition by finding the correct parts or restoring it.

Last edited:

markus

thanks ,,immay just rebuild it into an adult sized hot rod
I cut a later built one up for a buddy, you can stretch a few inches without taking the proportions out of whack, just widens the top under the seat. that would help greatly in ridablilty, the later style kicked forward handlebars help as well.

I chopped some out of the center and of course lowered the bike too but you get the idea:

Last edited: