margay scat kat yard kart turned into a better yard kart

125.00 scat kat needed to be lowered and a little more power .. 820,s are couplered together at 180 sounds awesome ..

been lowered and inch and half in front both bumpers shoved in and motor plate added

from the test runs I did on it ..the thing seems to act fairly good ..looking forward to trying it on a track ..with the motors coupled together at 180 degrees and I use an axle clutch .. the ol beater seems to have enough power ..

now all I need is one of your seats .. I don't know if I can make one for that kinda seat ..

That looks like fun Steve. Hey, are there any more 580 exhausts over there? Five pages of crap later, and I don't know what's still for sale. Been looking forever.

jeeez I dunno dave that's a mess over there .I havnt bought one single piece from that estate sale .. . what kinda west bend exhaust you looking for .. I might be able help you out ,,

yes I do ., ill look threw photobucket and see if I can find them if not I did a post on the vintage kart site when I was building it .very simple I used both motors with 3/4 shafts trimmed off 3/4 of an inch on each one slid an 11 tooth on one motor and coupled them with a spider coupler joice coupler flex coupler whatever there called .run chain to axle clutch .. it was a low dollar build kart both engines two new tires 100.00 for used axle clutch and odds and ends less than 500.00 ..

kart was on craigslist for 125.00 and about two weeks later both motors was on there for 250.00 for pair one was nos ..missing recoil and carb that's it .. I did a fair amount of work to it ..the kart wasn't busted up or bent real bad ..but it was way to long looking and kinda high off the ground .. I was at the dump and seen an old chair with a bent piece looked like I would fit on other side for a bar for other motor plate to set on cut down an Azusa 8.00 or so flat motor plate with 4 slotted holes ....and ill be dammed if it wasn't exact I mean I hate to admit it but the thing looks factory .. lol

How are those 820s? Are those the vintage motors, or the new ones? Any mods to the motors? How much horsepower you figure? Are those rear tires too small for that much horsepower? The reason I ask is that I plan on getting a couple of those motors for my kart. Thanks.

you can never have to much motor ..!!! lol 820,s are very reliable and fairly plentiful and powerful they don't wind out like a mcculloch but they make up for it in torque ..

vintage karts are made to drift you put sticky tires on a skinny chassis sooner or later youll be on your head ..

them motors on that kart came from kids snowmobiles all I did was take out the .064 thick head gaskets and put a couple sizes bigger carbs actually the carbs are the 16.00 ebay clone carbs ..with a little drilling and some pop off settings they work great there 1" bore carbs

there 12-14 hp each easy ..

its plenty fast enough for whatever parking lot or track I just wanted to show folks you don't need a halfmillion dollars to build something to ride I have around 500.00 in the thing just the way it sits ..ive road the heck outa it now its
dirty and few scratches from goin in the pricker bushes couple times .. lol

jeeez I dunno dave that's a mess over there .I havnt bought one single piece from that estate sale .. . what kinda west bend exhaust you looking for .. I might be able help you out ,,
I didn't see your post earlier Steve. I got one of the LH Palminis. No one could tell me which WB they're for, so I hope they fit the 580.

what item number maybe ..!!! maybe ..?? I could tell from pic that whole deal is kinda funny.. looks like take your chances on your purchases I cant hardly see nothing pics are so small .. I havnt bought one piece yet ... im waitin for the new to were off and people to calm down ..

what item number maybe ..!!! maybe ..?? I could tell from pic that whole deal is kinda funny.. looks like take your chances on your purchases I cant hardly see nothing pics are so small .. I havnt bought one piece yet ... im waitin for the new to were off and people to calm down ..
Part should be in tomorrow, so I'll know then. Maybe I'll get motivated enough to fix my carb tune.

try set both needles 1 and half ., fulcrum arm .005 under flush and set pop off 9 lbs should work great .. only need final high speed in or out a 1/4 to half ..if need more than that the pop off is wrong ..or somethings wrong air leak something plugged o rings on needles are very common culprets of bad carb behaiver just some suggestions ..