McCulloch MC-6 info sources

markus

Going to start loosely searching for an MC-6, It was an available option for something I am working on and I think would be neat to have for it. Not sure I can swing purchase of one right off, gotta probably sell off My Power Products or some Tecumseh stuff off first to afford it but hoping to find some good sources that might be able to help or have engines available. Dont know much about the Mac's, just watched a 6 sell on ebay to get a feel for the going rate. I dont really want to piece one together, so If any karters are lurking and can maybe push me in the right direction of sources/builders or even some general info on availablility of this version.

Thank you

Markus,
Did you ever get the MC-6 info you were looking for?
MC-6 engines are kinda rare, as they were built around 1961.
I am just finishing one now and I will put it on ebay.
PM me if you have any interest

terry

markus

Markus,
Did you ever get the MC-6 info you were looking for?
MC-6 engines are kinda rare, as they were built around 1961.
I am just finishing one now and I will put it on ebay.
PM me if you have any interest

terry
Nope, havent been looking too heavy as I kinda laid off working on the bike ('61 caper). I'll watch ebay for it and see if its outfitted close to how the "Scrambles" version bike was shown in the brochure. thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

I usually build them as close to original as possible.
I aim for perfection. It can be run hard, or displayed.
I'll shoot you a link when it is up.

terry

heres a mac 6 the story i got on the mac 6s and im no expert ...they started out with a mac 5 so they made it faster with a Mac 5-6 some blocks are stamped as that.... what they did was put a longer stroke crank in them the piston sticks out of the cylinder approx a 1/16"to 1/8" of an inch so they added the thick head gasket they some are stamped Mac 6......this was one of the most popular kart engines so most ive seen are heavy modified porting hopped up manifolds and exhausts one even had the head fly cut so the piston went into the head.. back in the day all sorts of crazy combos were tried.....like a de-stroked mac 9.most of the port mods make the engine made power in a very narrow RPM range some most ended up as broken bombs so stock mac 6s are hard to find...after blowing up my Briggs i put one on a taco 22 it bolted up and ran great just loud!.more info should be on the VKA or VKCA kart forums

Last edited:

markus

Saw that a few days back, Nice clean engine :drool: Didn't realize who you were, weren't you a member with another name here years back :shrug: I sent a couple people your way in the past that were looking for Clinton stuff. That Mac would put me waaaay over budget since all the stuff I would have locate and buy to get it on the bike unfortunately. I'll probably just have to offer the bike up as a completed Roller when its done or something to that effect. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the engine info you posted up [MENTION=9950]slow greg[/MENTION]

I was probably here a few years ago when I had a Go Kart Cycle.
Can't remember the old username tho.
Still fooling with Clintons. Thanks for any referrals!
Good luck on the mini!

terry