Michigan Whitetail 2014

jeep4me

I received a couple of emails from the guy who owns the property that we hunt on during whitetail season, in central Michigan.

His son in law has a couple game cams setup around the property to see what some of the hopefull prospects are this season.

Here's a couple pictures he's sent me so far. Both were taken in the last 5 days.

I don't hunt but I love you guys that do ... nothing is better than having a buddy walk up and share is venison jerky with you. (or smoked salmon!)
Hey Steve, put me on your X-Mas list!

45t

I don't hunt but I love you guys that do ... nothing is better than having a buddy walk up and share is venison jerky with you. (or smoked salmon!)
X2.

Deer jerky is good but the slim jims are better. ::drool: :xomunch:

jeep4me

From my trail cam in Kalkaska...I just took cell pics of the laptop...and I know the time and date are way out...
Very nice.

I'm kinda excited to see deer like this on the property we hunt. Years ago, the typical buck was a scraggly 3 point or spike. Nothing really wrong with that, you can't eat the horns. But it sure feels good getting a buck with a nice set of antlers attached to it.

jeep4me

Kevin, I'll make sure you get some venison this year. Matter of fact, I still have some in the freezer. You're more then welcome to come over and get some. I gave countstevula a couple grocery bags full of venison last year.

Steve, I gladly accept your offer of venison!
I do all the cooking but have never tried making venison or jerky, this will be my year!
Thanks Steve

Kevin

Kevin, I'll make sure you get some venison this year. Matter of fact, I still have some in the freezer. You're more then welcome to come over and get some. I gave countstevula a couple grocery bags full of venison last year.
:thumbsup: my wife makes a mean coating for the venison cube steak. combined with stuffing and mashed potatoes, it will put you in a food coma. Ask me how I know :eek:ut:

:thumbsup: my wife makes a mean coating for the venison cube steak. combined with stuffing and mashed potatoes, it will put you in a food coma. Ask me how I know :eek:ut:
If you're sure your wife wasn't just trying to put you in a coma for the insurance money then I would like to get a copy of her recipe!
Email or PM it if ya would.

Thanks Amigo!
Kevin