micro midget

braut home a 1959-1960 micro midget is cushman powerd i will put photos
in my album soon, it runs on alcahol oneley it prerty neat,but it aint a
mini bike:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::doah::doah:

Oldsalt

I remember the days when there was a Cushman engine class for micro midgets. I have a feeling it's worth some loot. Be careful that you don't trade it for a China Doodlebug before finding out what is what.

Curtis Craft was well known in the quarter and three quarter midgets raced many years ago, I feel the history is just as important and the fun of restoring them to original status.

Check out Westen Racing Association. Dan Fleisher my uncle is moms brother, and Rube "Doc" Fleisher painted dupilcate entry numbers with letters worked at Gilmore and Los Angeles Speedway where the farmers :weld: market is on Fairfax and 3rd. street in Los Angeles. Today, March 9, is my uncle Dan's bithrday.
(1937). Dan photographed many Indy 500 races for many years. Happy birthday to the "WICK." His mechanical training lacked disipline wrapping a rag aroung an Alcohol powered midget fuel line and burnt his foot bad. HOT SHOE WICK RACER....

TT :weld:

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Very few still remember the Gilmore stadium. Back then it seemed to set the stage for what was happening with open cars throughout the west. I only know it from pictures. Billy Vukovich, Offy powered midget number 45, had the corner service station down the block when I was a child. Strange days they were.

Gilmore Stidum was right near Lincoln and Washinton Blvd. Where Costco resides now in Marina Del Rey, CA. There was a company named Litton Industries just west of Costco where the Gilmore engines roared. The side street just west of Costco runing north and south is where In & Out Burger is now, was the "place to race." Being born in 1958 I was not there, however uncle Dan and Doc Fleisher lived that dream!

TT :no:

Correction: Gilmore was Fairfax and Third near Farmer's market. Culver City was Washington and Lincoln in MDR. Oops thanks mom!

TT :doah: