Mini Drag Trike Project

Hey guys, building a small drag bike/trike at the moment, ill post up photos of the build on its journey to being completed and would love to hear opinions/suggestions!

11291875_10200719897356088_1438834494_n.jpg

What it looks like so far, setting up a kart axle tomorrow and have a jackshaft in the mail now.
any suggestions on what i can do? welding gussets in tomorrow too maybe on the stresses welds

trinik7597

How funny is it Tim, we were just talking about drag trikes! lol

Awesome looking bike OP! Are both of those motors going in?
And how tall are the rear tires, if you don't mind me asking ?
funny right !!!!

couple concerns jackson !! think it might be hard to turn with out a diff. in the rear and the way the top and bottom rails are joined with just welds at the angles ,at the same pressure point . CROSS BRACING ??? very cool project though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

How funny is it Tim, we were just talking about drag trikes! lol

Awesome looking bike OP! Are both of those motors going in?
And how tall are the rear tires, if you don't mind me asking ?
not at the moment just the one, in the future two hopefully though! tires are 27cm high from ground to top highest point

funny right !!!!

couple concerns jackson !! think it might be hard to turn with out a diff. in the rear and the way the top and bottom rails are joined with just welds at the angles ,at the same pressure point . CROSS BRACING ??? very cool project though :thumbsup::thumbsup:
yeah not much turnings going to be done haha i might even change it to the one kart tyre in the rear so a bike in the future, yeah i have decided to do cross bracing hopefully in the next few days, frames quite strong as it is but i wouldnt trust it!

11119230_10200748060260143_877182393_n.jpg

Just a view from the back, still need to cut off that end offcut. should i plug the holes at the end of the tube somehow or leave them as is? love the way it looks with the fat wheels right up against the frame, not touching the frame just as close as i can get them (just a mockup for now though my hubs are still being shipped with my jackshaft. also, should i make a mount and instead of welding the jackshaft bearing holders on bolt them with slots to be able to tighten and loosen chain or should i just weld it straight onto the frame? ( 3/4" #35 Jackshaft Kit - Choose Your Length this is the one i ordered )

2SlickNick

Looks cool, that's for sure.
Me personally... I would plug those ends to prevent any corrosion from entering tube.
Also I would make a mount for JS, that way you are not committed to it, if you want to change drive line options in the future like a TAV unit.

I made a TC mount out of 1/4" thick rectangle 12" x 5" x 3" tube. I used a bearing tube and angled steel to weld to the rectangle tube.
You could just use some 1/4" - 1" thick plate instead. IMG_5452[1].JPG

Looks cool, that's for sure.
Me personally... I would plug those ends to prevent any corrosion from entering tube.
Also I would make a mount for JS, that way you are not committed to it, if you want to change drive line options in the future like a TAV unit.

I made a TC mount out of 1/4" thick rectangle 12" x 5" x 3" tube. I used a bearing tube and angled steel to weld to the rectangle tube.
You could just use some 1/4" - 1" thick plate instead. View attachment 73583
what should i plug the ends with then? i think ill just drill slots in a thick mount for the jackshaft so it can slide back and forth with bolts? nice bike by the way!