mini headache

well i just finished putting the motor back in with the new mikuni carb and she dont run worth a poop,22mm carb that is with 130 main and 12.5 pilot another one where the choke needs to be on to start,anyways she wont rev past 4300rpms and its got 275 cam ss valves (all stock size)molly push rods 15cc head and billet rod,fly wheel,what am i doing wrong? seems like when i hit the gas she just stops at 4300rpms and starts like crap too please help me im losing my touch.:shrug::hammer::censure:

checked that,thats not it either i think it might be the way the carb is mounted? its cocked a little but i really dont know if that makes a diffrence:shrug:

make sure the key didn't break. the flywheel could have moved just enough to possibly cause running issues.

when i broke a key the engine wouldn't even start though.

Re mini headach........

Hi.....I have the same build but the head is milled .050 and ported. If you are not running 26lb valve springs the c.oils may be binding. Also a pulse pump may be needed. And if your running a 1in eaxaust it may be restricting as mine does at 6820 rpm. I,m still a rookie, just my input ken

sorry guys i left out some info, 26lbs springs,flywheel lapped and loctighted,high flow ext.its got tobe my jetting or something,my pilot has to be tosmall? but keep up with your ideas im sure with your help we will get this fixed.

well i put the 140 in and it still wont rev out? im getting pissed off with this thing i sprayed either while it was running and still didnt pick up the rpms that should elimanate the not enaugh gas problem? any other sugg????????????????????

could there be a valve issue? not opening enough to let the spent gas out?it just wont rev up i got the bottom end figured out but full throttle it pops and sounds like the timing is retarded,im lost and i need this thing running good by friday night,if i need to get more jets its only 30min.away,any ideas?????/

ok took motor out again,checked cam timing=ok, checked lash,intake was.002,exhaust was a little tight reset it to .003,004 tight,could that effect why it wont rev up?? also think there was a little too much oil in there,will that also effect anything?any thoughts would be app.:shrug::hammer::censure:

It might be getting too damn much fuel and just loading up.. Shut the gas petcock off at the tank and see if you can get ito wind up before it stumbles and eventually dies..

i tried all that and it didnt work either so finally i called minidragbike and talked to charles for 20 minuits and he came up with my coil being bad so i ordered a new one to hopefully fix this problem and in the mean time explained to him what i was doing with this build and got some top of the line info,so when hes done doing my new drag head i should be in good shape,hopefully the coil was the problem,anyone else had this problem?i know all of you helped me out with this nitemare now lets see what happens next:shrug::censure: