MiniBike of the Month, Rules/Guidelines/Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS IS NOT A THREAD WHERE POSTING WILL BE ALLOWED. Any posts made in this thread, other than by myself or another MOD, will be deleted. Along with these rules, please follow the main forum rules located here:
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules

Rules are subject to change/correction/modification, as needed. This will be done on a consistent basis and with no notification. That being said, if a rule is changed, or addition made, I will do my best to remember to point that out, in the current month's entry thread.

1) Photo MUST be in the OldMiniBikes Photo Album - Take a look here http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/390-post-pictures-test.html for instructions on posting into the album. Having the photo hosted elsewhere is unacceptable. (No photobucket, image hosting sites, etc). No OldMiniBikes Attachments, either. The only way to enter a pic for MBOTM is to have it in the OldMiniBikes Photo Album. Any other way of including your picture to this thread will not be a valid entry. Please be prepared to submit the original higher resolution photo to OldMiniBikes, if needed to feature your bike in the calendar.

2) Photo must be YOURS, of YOUR Bike (currently owned by you)! Photos may not have anything considered inappropriate in the background. Asking you to be mindful of your background and creative if possible. A nice background in a photo can add to its flavor.

3) Entries must be received between the 1st (0000 hours, 12am PST) and 21st (0400 hours, 4am PST) of each month in this Forum. Each month will have a new thread for that months selection process. PLEASE PLACE YOUR ENTRY IN THAT THREAD.

4) You may submit your bike(s) as many times as you'd like (But only make one post, one entry, per month, at this time). Each Bike may only be selected once. Members may only be selected once a year (but you can continue to submit your bikes, each subsequent year). There are only 12 selections being made each year, this helps to ensure other members have a better chance to have their bike showcased.

5) Complete bikes only. Don't post a pile of parts. Do not post a bike that does run, or at least have the appearance to be in running/ride-able condition. Having all parts to be safely operated and ridden.

6) Only post once in the entry thread, with one picture, along with a brief description of the bike. The threads are not open for discussion. No chatting, asking questions,etc.

Anyone who does not follow these rules, or any warnings given, will be disqualified and or banned depending on how egregious your behavior.

Your photo will be placed on the front page of OldMiniBikes and tagged as current Mini Bike of the Month in the Photo Album. In the future, special avatars/badges next to your name may be added. You will more than likely be featured in a calendar for the following year. make your photo count, if your background is inappropriate etc, you may not be selected.

Last edited:
SELECTION PROCESS:

In the past, the selection process used was public voting. All of my research on past attempts to host MiniBike of the Month, has shown this selection process has consistently failed. I will not be using it moving forward. Although the way bikes are selected may change periodically, in all selections a form of randomization will be utilized. It will either be a random computer assisted selection (used by itself), or, in the event any type of voting is allowed, computer assisted selection among those voted will be used.

This helps to ensure a more fair selection process, with less room for arguing, or allegations. I am a fair person and have been trusted with getting this going and keeping it going. I will do the best I can.

Computer-Assisted Random Selection (CARS :smile:)- Selection is made by entering all qualified entries into a computer program that will reorganize/randomize the entries and list them from 1 to (total number of entries). The entry listed as #1, after this process, will be the MiniBike of the Month, for that selection process.

Any additional selection process used, will be defined before using it.

Last edited:
GRIEVANCES/COMPLAINTS/CLARIFICATION/DISCUSSION:

If you need any clarification of a rule, theme, category, etc., I intend to create a thread which allows for a more open discussion platform. In such a thread no silliness will be tolerated. If you post in the thread, be as clear and articulate as you can be). Do not post a picture in the thread, unless it is needed to help get a specific point across. I will attempt to read and monitor every single post, but as this grows, I may miss something. In the event that you feel I have not answered your concern, send me a pm. If you send me a pm, because you do not wish to make your statement publicly, just understand that I would (in that case) make a decision or respond, the way I feel is best, with no further input from anyone else.

Just because you make a statement or do not agree with something and you post it, that does not mean I or another representative of OldMiniBikes will agree with you and make any changes to address your concern. I cannot make everyone happy and I don't intend to. My only intention is to help to keep this area of the forum going and as smooth and fair as possible.

If you have a complaint about someones entry and feel that it does not qualify for selection, then send me a pm. In this pm, be specific, clear and to the point.

THIS IS NOT A CONTEST! THERE WILL BE NO BIKE THAT IS QUALIFIED FOR ENTRY THAT WILL BE CONSIDERED A LESS WORTHY SELECTION THAN THE OTHER. If it qualifies for the selection process and is selected, then don't hate... appreciate... and continue to participate. :)

CATEGORIES/THEMES:

A category or theme may be used. In that event, as clear a definition as I can provide will be given. I am working on trying to come up with and narrow them down, so that they may be spread out throughout the year. Changes will be made to them, as needed. This will be added and taken away, depending on how may entries are made throughout the year. Examples of Categories are as follows:

there will not be a category so to speak for the first month... may not be at all, depending on how many entries and which bikes end up being selected... could be a good mix, etc... but im hoping this will grow and run smooth, and there will be enough entries eventually to use the categories. am preparing ahead for this, so that it can be implemented smoothly.

so far I have these tentative categories and definitions:

Vintage Minibike- a minibike retaining its original unmodified frame and having been manufactured before 1980. Unmodified does not include restoration related repairs. Any make/model, but the engine and parts must be "period correct". A period correct engine/part, for purposes of this forum, is an engine/part that was available during that time period (pre-1980). Parts used to restore or replace original parts, will qualify, if that style of part was available during that time period.

Vintage Restomod:
a minibike retaining its original unmodified frame and having been manufactured before 1980. Unmodified does not include restoration related repairs. Any make/model and having any parts used, as long as the frame did not have to be altered to use those parts. Was not restored or built back to its original condition.

Survivor- A vintage (pre 1980) mini bike that is in its original condition, having all of its original parts, as installed from the factory (or as it came in its original kit). No modification or restoration allowed to have occurred on the bike, for purposes of this category. Or having enough of its original parts, as to still remain in a somewhat complete and ride-able condition, without the need for repair or restoration.

Modern Mini- A mini bike retaining its original frame and having been manufactured after 1980. No stretched frames. No other restriction on parts used or modifications.

Drag Bike-Custom Frame/Altered Frame- A mini bike of any era, which has been made, modified or altered for the purposes of making it into a drag race style mini bike. To be raced, used, or displayed as a mini bike used for street or dirt drag races. These bikes typically have a stretched frame or a longer wheel base. Please do not enter into this category, if your bike was not intended to be used or represented, as a drag racing mini bike.

Custom frame/Altered Frame- A mini bike of any era, which has been made, modified or altered for any purpose other than a drag race style mini bike. Please do not enter into this category, if your bike was intended to be used for, or represented as, a drag racing mini bike.

Open/Unrestricted-Any Make/Model or custom

The above mentioned are just as good examples/definitions as i could think of at this moment... they would represent at least 7 of the months... Whichever categories would have the most entries, would be the ones given more than one month... or the remaining months would be OPEN/unrestricted... I would be changing, adding to, or taking away any of this, as needed to allow the forum section to run as smoothly and fairly as possible.

I understand the past MOTMs were not enjoyed and accepted by everyone. Please move forward with an open mind and participate. If you choose not too, then be respectful of the people that do. I will not be searching through random threads and/or going through the current pics in the OldMiniBikes photo album. You need to participate for a chance to be selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.