Modding a Honda clone Engine??

I forget where I saw it, probably the doodlebug forum but it looked as if someone just directly bolted on the caliper and all was well, im hoping it will be this easy for me.

When you say your friends DB feels pretty steady at 45+ do you mean stopping power or just overall steadyness? Either way im happy to hear its pretty solid.

I've also had goodluck finding minibike parts and accesories on Kijiji USA Free Classifieds - Post & Search Free Classified Ads along with CL.

I am in building my clone now and decided to keep the stock springs cause I hear they will float at 5700 rpms and basically act like a rev limiter. I hear the clones are garanteed to blow chunks over 7k and it could take out a leg or even a main artery... fuk that :cursing: I aint racing so I really dont need to have all that RPM any way.

I got a one inch Super Box Stock open header, 92 jet, no gov and a K&N.... Painted it antique white and I am putting a red Techumsa 10HP Indian head decal in the center for an old school look

Last edited:
When you say your friends DB feels pretty steady at 45+ do you mean stopping power or just overall steadyness? Either way im happy to hear its pretty solid.
that's overall. my Cat is bit scary once it gets over 30 but his DB is fine at 45. i just want something without a suspension and such a long wheel base. i know the big tire on the back of mine doesn't help.

mine is ok as long as you're on pavement and don't have to turn.

i said hahahaha it and bought a billet rod and flywheel today (friend's rod went through the block and i don't want that happening to me, i'd like to keep my nuts). i think i'm going to also order a 6° key and some 18lb springs from NR-Racing tonight. i'm also trying to decide if i want to buy rockers as well.

if shit is going to be apart, i might as well do a bunch at once. credit cards and tax returns are the devil, the last thing i need to do right now is buy mini bike parts.

i should be getting $2500-$3000 back, what's another $50? :laugh:

Last edited:
A dyno cam and/or 1.2 rockers are a cheap way to get more HP. I also got a 26mm intake valve, just 1mm bigger then stock but its suppose to improve flow by 10%. I would of gone bigger but im waiting for a bigger carb, someday maybe a Tilly carb with a 29mm intake valve, 13:1 compression, radical cam to go along with it.. Wish I got a tax return:(

Looks to me like their Tilly's, which are awesome carbs. Couldn't tell you anything about them though, if their yours look into their size and if their not to big you might be able to put it on a clone.