Modification info

There is a book for Briggs and Stratton 5horses

Jimmy's Book

Its really good, and may help

follow that link to it, I feel its more common that briggs get heavily modified more often then the Tecumseh, but there are alot of killer tekes out there

Have a couple heald projects vt812 &vt2 seem to have a few tecumseh around also
just trying to find how to tune and mild modify I'm a car tech but new to small engines
I've got 2 8hps 2 4hp
Stoby

In case you don't know, Tecumseh is out of business so getting parts is harder and harder now. If you want to modify an engine, your best bet now would probably be getting one of the honda or honda clones engines. Lots of Hi-performance parts for those engines.

stoby

Simple mods

I'm just wondering how to disable governor setup and maybe some carb tips .I'm not racing it just putting around Also is there a way to convert to a modern ignition setup
Thanks ,Stoby

In case you don't know, Tecumseh is out of business so getting parts is harder and harder now. If you want to modify an engine, your best bet now would probably be getting one of the honda or honda clones engines. Lots of Hi-performance parts for those engines.
Tons of parts available. A clone isn't the answer to everything and looks like ass in most classic bikes.

Last edited:
I'm just wondering how to disable governor setup and maybe some carb tips .I'm not racing it just putting around Also is there a way to convert to a modern ignition setup
Thanks ,Stoby
What engine do you have? The gov is the plastic gear inside the side cover on the shaft side, remove that and the washers (get them all) then put a good breathing exhaust and maybe a bigger carb and , lap the valves.

That will feel better already. :thumbsup:

Tons of parts available. A clone isn't the answer to everything and looks like ass in most classic bikes.
X2 Just dumb in my opinion :eek:ut:. Plenty of older american made engines that will out perform, our run, and out last any crappy clone! And also cheeper! Would anyone put a 2.0 honda motor in their 67 GTO or 57 chevy? NO then why would you do it to your old classic minibike! :thumbdown: :eek:ut:

What engine do you have? The gov is the plastic gear inside the side cover on the shaft side, remove that and the washers (get them all) then put a good breathing exhaust and maybe a bigger carb and , lap the valves.

That will feel better already. :thumbsup:
Thats all i did for my HM100 on my Powell (originally off a snowblower). Bigger carb, removed the governor, finish hone and rings, lapped the vlaves, header. I was cracking jokes at Windber after the race. Telling the guys "you got beat by a snowblower" LOL

I completley agree with 5horsefan

DO YOUR HOMEWORK BIG TIME

I actually had to go back and do a buncha work, because I goofed up, and didn't know better the first time

Hi
I believe you're all set my bronc will take a 10 hp most all engines have the same mounting set up
I've had 3 different engines in her

I am new to this site and have a Super Bronc VT-812 I have bought a new 8hp Tecumseh flathead with 1" x 2 7/8" crank is this compatable with the original set up?
this 1" bore engine is hard to set it up. the 1" clutch cost around $80, the engine might fit in the mini bike, but to align clutch tooth to the jack shaft or wheel rear sprocket is might be impossible. i give up with my set up 1" engine shaft.