Montgomery Ward

Hello, I just picked up this little mini bike and I am tring to narrow down what it is. I do know that it is an all original Montgomery Ward mini bike, but I don't know that era or the model mumber. The engine is a Briggs flat head and it looks original. If anyone knows what this engine is I would like to know because next I have to hop over to the tech side so I can get it running. THank!

Last edited:
Did Montgomery Ward buy these bikes and put thier names on them because it clearly states it is a Montgomery Ward bike. I am just making sure. Thanks for the post!

It's very possible.. They bought bikes from quite a few places.. And Arco wasn't shy about selling.. It's without a doubt an Arco.. I've seen 60's Rupps that still look like brand new with Sears on the seat :eek:hmy:

The engine should be a Tecumseh..

Boy it sure looks original but you are probley right. Lord knows I put what ever engine I can find on these things, so good point. Thanks for the help.

Yes, Montgomery Wards did sell some Arco's with their name on it. They were based out of NJ, so the Arco's are fairly common around here, but the Montgomery Ward versions I've only seen two. Check out Randy's pics. He has a sweet brown one I think?