Motocross

mopar70

Well I'm going to throw my 43 year old butt into a Motocross race this weekend. This will be the first race for me in over 20 years. I'll be racing my racing my 2000 KX250 2-stroker. I think I'll race in the 40+ D class and maybe the beginner class. I'm not a new wider but i do have a 20 year gap in riding dirt bikes. Hope it all goes well, I've been back on a bike for close to a year. I just need to get my endurance back up and keep the arm pump down.!!

Well I'm going to throw my 43 year old butt into a Motocross race this weekend. This will be the first race for me in over 20 years. I'll be racing my racing my 2000 KX250 2-stroker. I think I'll race in the 40+ D class and maybe the beginner class. I'm not a new wider but i do have a 20 year gap in riding dirt bikes. Hope it all goes well, I've been back on a bike for close to a year. I just need to get my endurance back up and keep the arm pump down.!!
Good for you getting back into it. :thumbsup: Just take it slow and don't ride over your head at first but most of all......be safe. My son raced since he was 5yrs old and we went all over the place running the amateur national series. We had a blast for over 10 years but we never got to serious like some. Just had fun doing it and tried to stay smart while racing. Good luck in your classes. Where is the track?

mopar70

It's in Southern Indiana. It's an AMA race and part of the Kuntuckyana series. I started riding when I was 3 1/2 or 4. So I hear you on riding over your head. My problem is that I remember how I use to ride. It's hard when you use to his the doubles that your not so sure about hitting now. I plan on having a good time. I don't plan on winning, I just won't be last either LOL

good luck have fun and dont push it , i raced after a ten year gap in a 4hour hare scramble,only had a weekend to practice, i got 62 out 105 bikes in my class, and the bike was 15 years old 10 years older than any bike there. i must say i surprised my self and a few others when i got the hole shot :blink: even though i swore to myself i was going to take it easy its a adrenalin thing when you get down to the line. but i took it easy after that i knew i dont heal up fast anymore. good luck again Rich

packmule62; its a adrenalin thing when you get down to the line. but i took it easy after that i knew i dont heal up fast anymore. good luck again Rich[/QUOTE said:
That adrenalin will get ya a ticket for a free ride on the meat wagon. Tough to keep it in check when your in the heat of a battle.

It's in Southern Indiana. It's an AMA race and part of the Kuntuckyana series. I started riding when I was 3 1/2 or 4. So I hear you on riding over your head. My problem is that I remember how I use to ride. It's hard when you use to his the doubles that your not so sure about hitting now. I plan on having a good time. I don't plan on winning, I just won't be last either LOL
Only track I can remember being to in Kentucky was Daniel Boone MX. Awesome place. :thumbsup:

I'll get some photo's. My wife should be there for most of pratice and most of the races. I did 10 miles on a road bike yesterday after work. Just trying to get my endurance up. I'm stoked!! Should be a blast. Now to mount up a new set of tires for the race:thumbsup:

I didn't get to race, my oldest crached Thursday riding and I spent all day Friday at the doctors. I might race this weekend, but My wife will miss it. I know theres a race at the end of the month also

He is in a boot and a knee brace right now. He gets another round of xrays tomorrow and maybe an MRI on his knee. He will either loose the knee brace tomorrow or get a full leg cast. They think he might have fractured the growth plate that goes under his knee cap.

I asked if he was ready to sell the bike? He looked at me like I was crazy:eek:ut: and said NO!!!

That's my boy:laugh::thumbsup:

Update: He did frature his growth plate, but it is healing good. The Doctor allowed him to keep the knee brace on instead of the cast. He will follow up in two weeks to insure that it is still healing correctly. Once they get his growth plate in his leg taken care of, they will work on his calf. looks like a little theropy there. Happy on how it came out, no surgery or cast right now:thumbsup: