Muskin Cat Eliminator KH200 Brake Bracket Wanted

Howdy all,

Muskin Cat Eliminator KH200 Brake Bracket Wanted. I need the cable stay bracket that fastens to the top bolt on caliper backet. From what I have seen its a simple barcket. I can make one but I need the dimentions, or I would buy one if somebody has one they can spare. Also, who has/makes the block plastic chain tensioners and foot rest rubbers for the Cat's?

See photos.

Am I missing anything else for the brake assembly? It seems like the bottom bolt needs a washer or something?

Kind regards,

Patrick
Metro Detroit area.

IMG_20240429_170825373[1].jpg IMG_20240429_170833735[1].jpg

Please help! Looks like I am on the right track with my fabricated cable stay. I think I have the length of it figured out but, I am having questions about the small spacers that the claiper rides on. it seems that my set up is too long, maybe the cable stay needs to be drilled out to the spacer OD which is 7/16" right now its 5/16" to fiit the bolt. The caliper arm hits on the head of the top bolt when brake is applied.

I still think I am missing something, some part? how much is the caliper supposed to float?

Thanks for any help!

IMG_20240430_135846612_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20240430_135737807_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20240430_141533272_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20240430_135809148_HDR[1].jpg

bbiggs54

I've never seen one attached to one of the brake caliper bolts. All the ones I've ever seen attach with separate self tapping bolt. Since you don't have the third hole in the bracket anything is possible. The one on the Eliminator is an original. The one pictured on 400 TS, I fabricated and had plated. 20200529_172058.jpg 20230207_100206.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen the version that uses a third hole on the stock bracket, yeah mine does not have a third hole from the factory but that seems like the best option, makes more sense. The only issue I see with bolting it to the caliper arm is that it will swing right along with the arm when applying the brakes.

Yes I would greatly appreciate the demensions, I don't think you'll have to disassemble it for basic measurements. I need the thickness of the metal, and length of long and short sides, and width too, I know the size of holes.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
These are some of the others I have seen. I have a Cat 400x that has the the tapped third hole, this is kind of confusing. You can see in one of the photos the problem I am having with my set up, the arm of the caliper hits the bolts head.

20200502_191808_HDR.jpg 20200502_185100_HDR.jpg IMAG02831.jpg

bbiggs54

Drill it, I almost believe the bracket that mounts to the brake bolt might be longer. I'll get all your necessary dimensions.

bbiggs54

This should be enough. That is the original self taping bolt and bracket. If you want one like it (the bolt) GM used that exact bolt to retain the muffler hanger to the rear unibody frame on first generation (1967-1969) Camaros. I used to restore them I know. The picture of the bolt on the 400 TS above is that GM bolt. They might be found on other models of that era, I'm not sure, wouldn't be surprised.

Attachments

bbiggs54

By the way if you're going to use this bracket your going to have to drill the third hole. After thinking about it, I have seen the bracket attached to the brake mounting bolt and they ARE longer.

A very detailed pictorial thanks a bunch, now the decision making process starts. On one hand its an original unchanged Eliminator frame, and on her other, the third hole design makes more sense and would solve the problem. Maybe the caliper bolts I have are the right length for the two hole design, they extend beyond the back of caliper, they look very original. Obviously, there is something wrong with my set up because that caliper arm hits the top bolt head. Perhaps I have the wrong spacers? I will get out there today and get their measurements, plus the bolts, and post photos.

bbiggs54

Yours is some kind of first design. Maybe 1969? Most all I've ever seen have the separate retainer bolt. After that HPE Muskin went to drum style brakes.

These cats are awesome bikes. But dang why did the kids have to lose all the parts over the years while you getting dimensions do to have the stock chain guide by chance? Maybe you could get me pics like above of all the dimensions it be much appreciated. The guys that 3d prints them don't want to sell the file. Witch I can understand. So I wanted to buy a few more spares but haven't Hurd back from him. Anyways I bought a 3d printer my self and been playing with the design. But would be great to have the measurements. Sense OldMiniBikes is also out of stock. Also the bolt holes on the motor.mount plate from center to center. Mine was cut and I've only got one hole left in the plate. Mines the MX duster but figure they are all the same?

I'm Also wondering if I can 3d print the chain guard. But that would be a lot of of time and trials and errors if even possible but it be a fun project. For me to learn more about designing parts.. found out i can 3d print gaskets so want to try that to see how well they hold up. might end in just not being worth the time but I like a challenge.