Mustang Thread

maddcarson

So i just got my 78 running good after a carb rebuild and a battery. You dont see many Mustang ll 's around any more. I think im the only one with a mustang ll in all or riverside county?

Heres a video of it. The paints a little ruff but im taking it to get painted soon.

YouTube - Carsons 78 Stang Runs

I wanna see mustangs, Pics, Videos, whatever hopefully mid to late 70's like mine. There rare i think.

OR pro street fox body mustangs. those look bada$$

-Maddcarson

joekd

I've had a few Mustangs

This was my old 78 Mustang II, was a v6 4 speed ans simply a great car

Then I had an 89.5 LX 5.09 5 sp

Next was a 2000 GT, 4.6L 5sp

And my current 1996 GT convertible, 4.6L 5sp
Sitting on it's regular wheels

Sitting on the Centerlines

here's my old '89 5.0 LX 5spd that i sold about 10 years ago. that car was a lot of fun on the backroads with the suspension stuff i had done to it. it sounded pretty badass too with the off-road H and dumped Borla Silver Bullet mufflers.

this is my current daily driver (with my Durango behind it). it's an '03 V6 5pd. it's going to be up for sale in probably the next week and them i'm planning on buying an '03-'04 Mach 1.

maddcarson : Not a bad first car and it's a Ford to me a big requirement. Put on some paint and your set to go.
Best Ford I ever owned was a 1964 Falcon Sprint convertable, and my first car was a 1958 2 door with a 352 Cuibc inch Police intercepter engine. I sure wish I had it back.
Steve :scooter:

wjustice

I still own my 78 II. Its sitting behind my father-in-laws house. Factory 302 v8 and factory T-Tops. Not too many of those were even made.

nice stang , ya the old fox II were kinda a neat thing . had some issues with the floors tho , i had to weld the floor up in my like 3 times . dam seat mounts kept breaking throw . put lot of miles on that thing .

Neck

Growing up is optional
Nice car! I think there were more 74 mustang II's sold than the there were mustangs sold in 65, so there should a lot of them out ther someplace! My first car was a 67 Fastback GT with a 289 and a four speed. I have had a 70 Boss 302 and an 85 GT. I hope to be able to afford a new boss 302 some day.

Ooh, I've had three 68 Mustangs - a 289 AT convertible when I was in high school, a 302 4spd coupe when I was in college and 302 AT coupe when I got married. Got rid of the last one about 10 years ago, so no digital pics. Guess it's time to fire up the scanner.

65ShelbyClone

Past:

A 1965 notchback that started like this:
]

And ended up like this:

It had a Versailles 9" disc brake rear, original Kelsey-Hayes front discs, and a toploader gearbox.

A clean '89 GT 5-speed:

Present:

1968 notchback

1984 SVO:

I wish I still had the first two also. :doah:

65ShelbyClone

The last time I saw an SVO at all was probably two years ago. There were only ~9,800 ever made. It's a PITA to find parts, but it's sooo much fun to drive. :thumbsup:

I think it's estimated that only half(4,900) of them are still accounted for.

Last edited:
The last time I saw an SVO at all was probably two years ago. There were only ~9,800 ever made. It's a PITA to find parts, but it's sooo much fun to drive. :thumbsup:

I think it's estimated that only half(4,900) of them are still accounted for.
there's one about a 1/4 mile from my work in some person's driveway. i have not seen it move in the last 6+ months. i'm thinking it doesn't run and i really don't have the money/space to take on a project like that or i'd shoot them an offer. it's sitting on some '94 Cobra wheels and looks pretty clean.

65ShelbyClone

If it's a reltively complete car, I bet someone from the SVO Club of America(svoca.com) or turboford.org would be interested in it.

I forgot that this is the engine/trans in my '68:

It's a stock bore/stroke 5.0L with a new block I bought as a kit from PAW some time in '03 or '04 I think. The trans is a wide-ratio '67-68 bigblock toploader 4-speed with a smallblock input shaft and the heads are regular Edelbrock Performer 60379s.

Last edited:
I took a look on the internet today to find out why my first car was called a Police Interceptor. And I remember when I went in to the parts house in Bremerton, Washington I was doing a simple ring and valve job, and told the parts man I had motor and the bore was 4.0 inches and the stroke was 3.5 inch and had solid lifters. The parts guy had to ask the shops machinist and he asked if the motor was in a boat. I told him it was in a 1958 ford 2 door custom car and that's when he said it was a big block Police Interceptor FE
It had a factory 4 barrel carb and was one fast car and today I found out it was rated @ 300+ HP. I got in my share of troubles with that car and the trans was the weak link so I sold it to a friend I knew from grade school. Now I think he knew a lot more than I did about that Ford.
Steve :scooter: