My Dirt Bug as it should be, modded...

That's a good idea, gustoguy!

Chipper and Camjamsdad, I am about to pull the trigger on the sprocket adapter and a split sprocket from OldMiniBikes. I have to research how many teeth to get.

Thanks!

Seth K. Pyle

I have a stock 212 on mine with a 12 front and 65 rear. Thing wants to get out from underneath me. And I'm 240lbs. It only goes 28mph as well. I've been thinking about getting a 60 rear to get a little more speed out of it.

Thank You! I very much appreciate your comment!

Keep up the good work on yours. It will take plenty of elbow grease and a little money, but you will enjoy your DoodleBug.

Seth K. Pyle

Here is the adapter for the UNI air filter, as well as the choke lever retainer bracket.

Here is the box stock carburetor mounted. I used 3/16" ID fuel line from NAPA to plumb the carb.

At this point, my Dirt Bug was mostly complete. Just lacking the hydraulic brake. I do like the red foam air filter.

The red hose is the DrainZit oil drain hose. I installed this to make oil changes easier and less messy. I have one installed on my Northstar 13,000W generator with a Honda GX620 V-twin.

Note the metal can fuel filter tucked in next to the engine. The black hose goes from the back side of the filter, winds around and ends up connected to the breather nipple on the valve cover. This took me several tries to get positioned where I wanted, and still not stick out obnoxiously.

This shows the routing of the throttle cable, tach wiring, and ignition kill wiring at the front of the engine. I secured it all with P-clips. It is tight, but the bends are gentle enough so as not to bind the throttle cable.

I disconnected the low oil cut out switch, then just wired the kill switch on the handlebar in parallel with the kill switch on the engine.

Seth K. Pyle
Hey there. I recently bought a main jet/emulsion tube, header, and air filter from OldMiniBikes! I out the adapter on just like you have it, except when I the gas valve on, the gas leaks up the carb bowl, and out through the adapter! Im not sure what is wrong, and I need help! I haven't put the air filter on yet as the gas would just go into the air filter!

PS, great looking bike, hopefully mine can look as good one day!

I'm 265# and my stock 196cc Baja Warrior pulls me around like its nothing.
The brakes do tend to suck.
I'm going to install front brakes on mine.
Then, TAV, then (maybe) Predator 212cc and mods

Hello Riderforlife!

Sounds like the fuel inlet needle is not seating properly inside the carburetor. You will need to pull the carb then pull the float bowl and have a look-see.
Good Luck!

Jaymo, good luck with your build!

I am currently working on a 1972 Honda CT70 K1 with a tweaked Lifan 125 engine.

Seth K. Pyle