My Flea Project

I picked this up today at a local swap meet and am now just thinking up ideas of what i can do with it. Id love to do a stock restoration but i can't find any information on them. It seems like it would make a cool go fast frame. Maybe i can just stick my 6.5 clone engine in it. BUT, i would love to put an old west bend in there, but then i would feel like id need to find the stock rims. If I've read correct some nova bikes used the same type of rims as these, is this correct? What type of seat did these have from the factory? clutch cover? Im being left with so many answers hah. Heres some pics

Also if you have a Flea like mine please post up some pics, id love to see them.

Hey guys, ive been busy lately with school etc. Im thinking of actually building this bike over winter but really want to try to restore it to stock colors, and accessories. If anyone has any brochures or anything id appreciate if you could share them.

Thanks

DrewDay

Well, i got the Flea pretty stripped down today and yesterday. Im still undecided on a color and i do want to go for an original look. I saw some green under some of the paint and also a little bit of red. I want to get the frame powder coated if at all possible thinking that would hold up better in times to come. If you at least have a taco or a scrambler like this frame show me your colors.

Last edited:
photos dint come thru, 2 boxes with red X in middle,never did know what
ment,can someone tell me please? thanks :smile:

Hey Drew,

It sounds like you were able to remove the Taco wheel you sold me. I'm in Austin this week and can stop-by and pick it up.

KM

Well, after buying an old honda bike and putting my time into that and then selling it i have now decided to work on this project. I bit the bullet and started the cleanup and refresh of the bike. For now im cleaning up the 1964 2 1/2 HP Briggs and running that until i decide further what to run. I just basically want the bike ready for the lone star Round-up if at all possible, but i dont like to rush my projects so we'll see what happens. I just laid down some primer on the frame and painted the engine. Heres some pics

Also, since its uploaded to Photobucket, check out this old United Delco Service Cabinet i picked up at a local estate sale for a steal.

Here are some pics of an F71 competition Flea which is the model just above yours and also an older early 60's Flea. If you go to photos there is a brochure showing your model and the appropriate engine.
Fred

I decided on a dark gray color. There weren't many paint choices at the hardware store so i got this cream color that isn't really a gloss color although i don't mind the way it turned out. I tried my best to preserve the decals that were already on the engine as i couldn't find reproduction 2 1/2 HP decals. Im considering getting some of those chrome astro style rims. Anyways here is some pictures, let me know how you like it.

Engine Before

Engine After

richs

hey drew this is mine I belive it to be a early 60s model trail flee it has a continental engine and really rocks and I also belive it to be a unmolested surviver:thumbsup: