My new bike.

picked it up for 200 kid couldn't get spark I pulled the cover and found why the points are welded together. I ordered the points 16 bucks :thumbsup:

So its missing the oil tank and the throttle cable for the injection pump is missing :doah: motor has great compression and no funky noises.

So before I start it I'm gonna fix the oil injection.

Well, this bike was new when RM 125, 250 and 400's came out. I know which one on the showroom floor I would have picked. Looks like you have a good example to start with.:thumbsup:
yep lets see tm/ts400 250 or 185 or a big wheeled 125 I can see why parts are harder to find.

Looks like they ran it threw water as the flywheel points and coils were corroded like crazy.

Once I get the new points I hope I get spark or I'm gonna have to go to a digital ignition.

...Looks like you have a good example to start with.:thumbsup:
Yeah, the overall look is a somewhat deteriorated patina, but really uniform and not hammered or monkeyed with at all. :thumbsup: That's one to give a good scrubbing, get it running and use it. How many times have you seen a bike that was left outdoors, leaning against the side of the shed for twenty years. Then you find that one side is faded and crusty from constant UV exposure, while the other side is rusty and moss-covered from being shaded all that time.

Yeah, the overall look is a somewhat deteriorated patina, but really uniform and not hammered or monkeyed with at all. :thumbsup: That's one to give a good scrubbing, get it running and use it. How many times have you seen a bike that was left outdoors, leaning against the side of the shed for twenty years. Then you find that one side is faded and crusty from constant UV exposure, while the other side is rusty and moss-covered from being shaded all that time.
Like my last bike it wasnt all that bad.

Neck

Growing up is optional
I really loved all the 2 stroke bikes of the early 70's Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha. Back when they were called Enduro rather than Dual Sport. Four stroke Hondas were heavy and slow, that is until the Elsinore hit the market. That changed everything!

I really loved all the 2 stroke bikes of the early 70's Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yamaha. Back when they were called Enduro rather than Dual Sport. Four stroke Hondas were heavy and slow, that is until the Elsinore hit the market. That changed everything!
I'd really love to own an Elsinore but at the cost of them I'll be sticking with the suzuki's and yamaha's.