My new Gem..what is it?

Just picked this up off Craigslist. It has a newer 5hp Tecumseh. Its mostly complete including the high speed forks, skateboard wheel chain tensioner (which looks like its in the wrong place anyway) and 12 point socket welded to the frame for some unknown reason :shrug: The frame looks like it was welded together by a small child

Anyways...what is it?.

Mac

Same fork used on the Bird Falcon.

It is a Bird minibike, someone should chime in soon with more info.

Last edited:

markus

frame looks like the small Bird frame (the one in the pic below is a "falcon" but they were named alot of things.

Those forks are also bird, they might not be from that particular bike though. Thats was the style used on many of the various bikes bird made for sears

socket looks to be a craftsman :wink:

frame looks like the small Bird frame (the one in the pic below is a "falcon" but they were named alot of things.

Those forks are also bird, they might not be from that particular bike though. Thats was the style used on many of the various bikes bird made for sears

socket looks to be a craftsman :wink:

Too bad it didn't come with the other set of forks instead...

markus

Too bad it didn't come with the other set of forks instead...

Unless you are pretty short, your probably better off with the forks that it has, Those small frame Birds are not grown up friendly. If I had not sold that black one in the pic I was going to either kick out the bars like your yellow bike in the background or cut them off and stick a conventional set of bars on it just so I could ride the dam thing:doah:

Unless you are pretty short, your probably better off with the forks that it has, Those small frame Birds are not grown up friendly. If I had not sold that black one in the pic I was going to either kick out the bars like your yellow bike in the background or cut them off and stick a conventional set of bars on it just so I could ride the dam thing:doah:
That's how the yellow one was, so that's why i bent the bars forward..that and I think it looks a lot better :001_cool: . I was also thinking about stretching it like 6", because like you said it is really small

Just picked this up off Craigslist. It has a newer 5hp Tecumseh. Its mostly complete including the high speed forks, skateboard wheel chain tensioner (which looks like its in the wrong place anyway) and 12 point socket welded to the frame for some unknown reason :shrug: The frame looks like it was welded together by a small child

Anyways...what is it?.
The socket is standard equpment, it's to open a beer when your out on the trail.