need a rear wheel set up (confused)

I need a new rear wheel set up for my bike. (see pics below of what I currently have)

I Googled mini bike parts and went to the top sites for parts. Now I'm confused about what I need.. sproket...hub... live axel...not live axel ????

Prentend I'm an idiot and walk me through this... please.

I need a 6" split rim and tube and tire. I can make it that far.

What's a live axel?

I know I need a 72 tooth sprocket to replace what I have. What's the difference betwwen a split or solid?

How does the sprocket connect to the rim?

Is it jst three pieces (1) Wheel (2) sprocket (3)what ever it is that connects the sprocket to the wheel?

Thanks for your help.

kbs8ball

Your sprocket is welded to the hub. you should be able to knock the bearings out of each end of the hub and get new ones...then you just need a rim and tire to bolt onto that hub/sprocket...thats a dead axle...meaning the axle does not spin...the wheel spins on the bearings...on a live axle the tire is fixed to the axle and it spins on bearings attached to the frame.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

The rim you have pictured is two halves of two different rims, that's not going to work, safely anyways. You'll need to find a new split rim that has the same bolt hole pattern as the sprocket/hub assembly that you have. Once you've done that put the entire wheel assembly together (rim, hub/sprocket, tube and tire). Replace the bearings like kbs8ball said, and get a large bolt/nut to use for the axle and something to use for spacers to align the wheel sprocket to the clutch sprocket on the engine, heavy brass tubing works good or even some galvanized pipe. These spacers go over the axle and between the hub-bearings and the frame. It may take a couple of trys getting the spacers cut right but it is important to have the clutch sprocket and the wheel sprocket lined up, otherwise you'll be jumping your chain.

Good Luck!!!

El...go to www.unitedtire.net...click on fun karts...click on rims. They sell split
rims with a four bolt pattern like the one you need. Just make sure that the
spacing of your bolt holes matches what they are selling. Split rim means that
the wheel rim comes apart in two halves and bolts together, unlike the rims on
your car that are one solid piece. Tnx. Ogy.