need help identifiyiong a old briggs

dbone

hey guys was just given a old gas edger, has this engine on it runs like a top, its a briggs 3hp i think its orange in color, has carb attached to tank, these numbers down the cover 60101 940197 6110110 anyone know its hp? ands poss year? the old guy who gave it too me couldnt remember hp decal almost gone now he thought he bought it in the 60's its a pull rope starter.

could i use this with a tav for my kids to ride while im building the hpo 6.5?

dbone

hey steve, thanbks yes it has a pull rope starter, was thinking on painting the lil fox flat black using it after painting it chevy orange and astro mags on slicks for my kids to put on, how do i hook up a throttle on it???

dbone

jim i was thinking on using it on my fox doodle for my 7yr old to ride up and down the driveway while im building my 6.5 for it later and useing a easy reg clutch for it thoughts? its cool with the rope starter but leaks oil like a bus

delray

dbone,2hp briggs would be perfect for your 7yr old to learn on. go with a 35 chain. rear sprocket 72tt. that fox doodle bug has jackshaft tabs welded on? you could gear it down some more so he can climb small hills real easy and it will keep the bike from going to fast. 15+mph is plenty fast enough for him:thumbsup:(keep the governor on)
:scooter:.........................................

Last edited: