Need help identifying early race kart

Cope

I have searched for a few days and cannot find any kart with a similar rear end or steering wheel.

The guy I got it from thought it was a 1961 but didn't know the make.

any ideas?

Home built?

Thanks for any insight

free photo upload

hi ., I live right down the road in hornell ny ..I been collecting and racing vintage karts for 35 yrs .. I cant ID your frame but its different for sure ..

Cope

Hey mr twister, cool that we are from the same area. Do you go to the vintage kart event at genesee valley? I'd like to get this together and go next year. Which is why I'm trying to figure out what it is.

Have you ever heard of a duke fox kart? I think this may be one but I can't find any info on there being a twin engine one.... He was a model engine builder who decided to produce kart engines in 1960, so he built chassis too. There was a problem with the engine so it never took off but I guess the chassis were all sold off.

I go to avon vintage kart reunion every yr. havnt missed one yet ..

and I was gonna say it was a duke fox ..

have you tried post few pics on vintage karts.com them guys are incredible.. they will welcome you whole heartedly ..

Cope

Yea I've been trying to get a account there... It won't send me a confirmation email. I emailed the site admin... Nothing yet.

The rear end is what leads me to believe it's a duke fox... I need to get on vintage karts to confirm because Google doesn't know much about duke fox karts.

upload pic

Cope

Spicedriver that kart is very similar to mine. My kart has rectangular pedals welded on top of those circular pedals... Same steering wheel and rear end.

*** after a closer look I'm pretty sure they are pretty much identicle.

Last edited:
Spicedriver that kart is very similar to mine. My kart has rectangular pedals welded on top of those circular pedals... Same steering wheel and rear end.

*** after a closer look I'm pretty sure they are pretty much identicle.

I got those pics from the R.E.A.R. site. It looks like they had one running at the 2014 TBO event in Ohio.

Very rare animal! Congrats on the find.

The rear bumper was probably added on for some track regs.