Need Opionions

I have found two doodle bugs on the Canadian classifieds site kijiji. The red one runs and is complete and the one that is painted black needs a chain and throttle cable. How much would you guys pay for a package like this?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Harquebus

Pay as little as possible?

Those Doodlebugs are nothin' special, are as common as dirt, plus they still have the anemic, stock 79cc engines, looks like.

This forum shies away from giving out price estimates and I know why, because it's so completely variable.

It doesn't give values because most people are wrong or messing with the people. There is no price guide to these. What may cost 100 bucks here...may cost you 200 there. So realistically there is no way to make an accurate price up. So basically...It is worth what you are willing to pay.

Harquebus

Amen to that. Plus haggling is a lost art.

I'd be sure to have a baseline of what these things go for in your area; have the proverbial "ballpark figure".

I would try to revive the lost art of "haggling".
Negotiate separately, start with the black one first then try the bundle method. Like the american pickers do.
Not knowing what your plans are for them makes it hard to advise on the subject.
Apparently they want rid of them and done nothing to make them more appealing.
If you are looking to Totally restore to show quality I would move on.
Good luck finding a "Vintage" project though, The good deals are all but gone.
As far as "Doodle bugs" being "nothing special " that is true. But for me, one that never
got one as a kid, they look exactly like what my memories are of a mini bike.
Keep in mind I'm not a collector, just trying to complete my bucket list.
You asked, so I'm gonna step out on a limb and say I would start out with 80 bucks on the black one.

Attachments