Need some help with a 5hp

Hello,
I am not exactly sure what motor I have have, but it came off of a rototiller. It has an electric start (thank God) and I was told it is a 5 hp. I had it running and then sent it with a guy who was going to set up the throttle for me a couple years ago. I just got it back a couple days ago and figured out the throttle in a few hours. I guess I have learned something in that time. But to the point. I put some gas in it and it started pouring out of the fuel bowl. So I went and got a new gasket set for it and that replaced the fuel bowl gasket. While I was looking at it I noticed that it was missing its needle valve, lucky I got one with the gaskets. So I put that in, amazingly it ran with out one a little though. Who would of thought. But not that I put in the needle valve it does not want to start. I checked the plug and there is spark, I unhooked the gas line and shot it with some either and it spit a little but would not run. So I took off the carb, cleaned it real good, made sure everything was set, put some gasket maker on it and put it back on. I have not tried it since I am waiting for the gasket maker to dry. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can try? Maybe I just need a new plug with a better spark? What would be the gap the plug should have> I set it at 30. Any help would be very much appreciated. I added some pics that I took to see if that would help. The bike is a "Little Indian" but that is about all I know. I had it when I was little and then I redid it for my daughter. I had it powder coated pink and got new springs, tires, and probley spent more money on it than I would if I bout a new one. Oh well, it has history. Thanks everyone and have a great day.

I personally wouldn't use gasket maker around the carburetor, some of those can dissolve with fuel. Get some gaskets, they are cheap. What plug is in it? Usually .030 gap is right. If it has points you may need to check them out. The needle valves on the carb can be set around 1 turn out each for an initial setting.

Thanks this is my first time using the gasket maker and i was a little hesitant using it for that reason. I just wanted to get it back on ank I didn't have a gasket handy. I may just pull off the carb again and put on a new gasket. Thanks for the advice. The plug is a Champion J8, I am going to run down to Napa today to get a new one. This engine also does not have a dip stick and I don't know how much oil should be in it. I put a dipstick I had sitting around in it and it was about half way up if I had to guess, just wondering. I don't mess around with these little engines to much so it is kind of new. I am in the middle of building a 1954 Chevy 235 and I think I am having more trouble with this little 5hp. I appreciate the help and have a good day.

Cool little doodlebug in addition to the suggestions on setting up the carb.

Make sure the float height is set right usually level with the carb bowl gasket seating surface., if not the float needle seat is swelled up or not all the way down or seated in it's bore.