Need your input on stance.

Note: Hope I'm posting this in the right place, if not let me know or move it for me.

Need your input on stance.
View attachment 61512

View attachment 61513
I'm leaning towards the lowest or last pic..
I've eliminated the front shocks and was going to fab a single coil over for the rear but, decided to make it a full rigid frame. Let me know what you think.

1. about 4.5 inches
2. about 2 inches
3. right around 1 inch which I like.. :thumbsup:.. especially if I go to a small diameter tire / wheel combo. This also allows for the straightest frame stance which would be strongest when I weld.

last pic. below, wouldn't let me down load all three on one post.....

Last edited:
I like number one with the level top bar and do rear suspention and keep those spoked wheels :thumbsup: also its easier to visualise with a seat and tank

trinik7597

I agree with jeep I do not like the rake toward the back :thumbsup: keep the frame suspended if you want a rigid frame get a different bike jmo

Thanks for the input!
I'm leaning towards a rigid frame build. Maybe even stretching the rear tubes 6" or so for better weight distribution.
The front shocks were already gone when I got this bike and the rear ones are pretty much junk.

Last edited:
Well...decided on keeping the rear shocks and glad I did!
Relocated them a bit forward for better movement and re-enforced the new upper mounts (for my fat ---).
Also.
Got the new wheels bearings installed / half rack bearings installed / seat and handle bars back on. "Whew" forgot how much time these little burgers can take out of your day!
Next.
Engine install / brake and throttle cables (new) install and hopefully will be ready in time for the "Mini-Bike Drags" here in MO.!

:scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter::scooter:

Thanks for the input!
I'm leaning towards a rigid frame build. Maybe even stretching the rear tubes 6" or so for better weight distribution.
The front shocks were already gone when I got this bike and the rear ones are pretty much junk.
Decided to stay pretty much stock with this one and after getting it running go on to build a dedicated drag mini using newer technology and parts.

Yep stretch the swing arm , if you run a big gear it will help keep the front end down .
Also in your other post about gearing , it would help to try to find a bigger rear sprocket like 60 or more .
Liking your build if you need help just ask .

Yep stretch the swing arm , if you run a big gear it will help keep the front end down .
Also in your other post about gearing , it would help to try to find a bigger rear sprocket like 60 or more .
Liking your build if you need help just ask .
Thanks for the info. and help, I'll do some searching and see what I can come up with.

cxbra

I like the first pic, where the back end was lifted the highest.. thats just me though. The other pics remind me of a bike with broken shocks. I personally think you should keep it as is... fabricate some shock mounts, buy some shocks and call it a day. Just think about when you find bikes that have been absolutely butchered by the hands of the previous owner, and figuring out why the hell they ruined a perfectly good bike? Dont be that guy my friend :thumbsup::laugh:.