New bike.

Looks like it's in good shape, do you have the side cover?...........Those old Yamis run great and are rock solid reliable.......Good find!......Ride safe!!............Tom.

I have an '81 550 that I'm getting to run right now.

First things first, CHECK YOUR VALVE CLEARANCES. If your valve shims are too tight, you're gonna burn a valve.

You need metric feeler gauges to do this.

Expect to do brake hoses as well, they're likely 33yrs. old, just as mine are.

Do the drum brake on the rear, those shoes do delaminate when they get old & cause the rear wheel to lock up.

Past that, it's just basic maintenance. She looks good!

Just ordered this....

Okay, here is your updated order summary:
HCP1695 Aftermarket front MASTER CYLINDER REBUILD KIT, for all XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxim models, and all XS1100LH Midnight Special and XJ1100 front master cylinders.
$ 39.95
HCP1698 Aftermarket disc brake CALIPER SEALS KIT, for all XJ650 Maxim and Midnight Maxim models:
$ 34.95

HCP2822CLRST Aftermarket DOT-approved braided stainless steel BRAKE LINE ASSEMBLY, from the master cylinder to the distribution joint, with clear sheathing. FOR USE ONLY WITH THE ORIGINAL XJ650 MAXIM OEM MASTER CYLINDERS AND STOCK HANDLEBARS.
$ 52.95
HCP2823CLRST Aftermarket DOT-approved braided stainless steel BRAKE LINE ASSEMBLY, from the distribution joint to the left brake caliper, with clear sheathing.
$ 57.95
HCP4231SET8 Aftermarket brake hose union bolt copper CRUSH WASHERS, set of 8:
$ 12.25

PARTS TOTAL:
$ 198.05