New, Hello

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and this is actually the first forum ive ever been a part of. I rode Rupps and a honda trail 50 as a kid and im looking to get back into mini bikes as a hobby. I'm hoping to restore some Rupps and maybe put a snowmobile engine in one of them. I need to post five times for a lot of these threads so here i go...

I also am new here but not to mini bikes . If you choose Rupp to make a good project that is good as there were tons of Rupp's sold and the parts are still out their after all these years. As for the snowmobile engine in a mini bike think real hard on that, A small two stroke engine like a Hodaka 100cc or 125cc would make a good choice with the gearbox and clutch already set up . It would fit most of the Rupp frames real nice and not look out of place. Bonanza made a lot of the Hodaka powered mini bikes in the 100cc range and they really performed well. Setting up a torque converter and a jack shaft for a snowmobile engine like the single cylinder JLO engine would take a lot of room and look out of scale for a mini bike. The go kart engines like the Mc Culock are a lot more fussy to keep running than the small motorcycle engines.
I have seen it all mini bikes so small they were like engines with wheels LOL and just the same on the other end of the scale . The Rupp's with the 10 inch wheels and the Powells with the 8 inch wheels fit more adults than the small 5 and 6 inch wheeled mini bikes .
Steve Durham