New rear rim/disk - wobble ?

Got a whole new rear rim/disk and tire from Monster scooter and I see the brake disk seems to have a wobble when the tire assemble is rotated which pushes the hyd caliper in and out a bit ? Is this kind of normal or do the rims and brake disk really run true?

Thanks

Flyier

Most run fairly true. We had one DB, however, that had the side-to-side wobble you described (about 1/8+" each way), that really effected the brakes. We ended up changing it out with another real wheel assembly that ran true. Sounds like you got a factory defect. I'd send it back for a replacement if I was you.

I've seen this straight from the factory on a new doodlebug before. If you pay close attention to where the hub flange is welded on the wheel (the one with the holes for the sprocket/brake disc) you will see that it might be welded on crooked. The retailer you bought from should get another one to you if you send some pictures

I've seen this straight from the factory on a new doodlebug before. If you pay close attention to where the hub flange is welded on the wheel (the one with the holes for the sprocket/brake disc) you will see that it might be welded on crooked. The retailer you bought from should get another one to you if you send some pictures
Thanks for the replies - I have emailed "Monster Scooter Parts" as to the problem and we will see what kind of vendor they are. I will let you know what they say.

Flyier

Monster Scooter told me to ship it back at my expense and they would look at it - HMM - last part I buy from Mnster Scooter.

Flyier

is the 6 bolt rotor flange running true?

the rotors are pretty thin and can get "bent" easily. assemble everything and try truing the rotor with a rubber hammer to get it to run straight.....be gentle

Talk to a manager at monster scooter. Tell them they sold you a defective part and they need to replace it.
If they give you a hard time keep track of your emails or phone calls. Get your part,,, then let them know that you will first contact the BBB then you will contact state attorney office in their state.
They are advertising the item as new; a new item must be in new condition. New condition includes correct working order/ free of defect. They must replace the defective item or refund your complete amount at their expense.
Ive had only one company call my so called bluff. It took 5 mins to fill out a BBB report online; I sent them a copy of the BBB report. I was contacted and sent a new part Along with an apology.

Monster Scooter told me to ship it back at my expense and they would look at it - HMM - last part I buy from Mnster Scooter.

Flyier

You might want to just casually mention that you are a member and participant on an INTERNATIONAL discussion forum with THOUSANDS of individuals that discuss (among other things) their buying experiences, good or bad, with the various parts distributors they patronize!?:scared:

Before you send the wheel back, remove the bolts holding the disc to the disc flange. Remove the disc, and rotate the wheel to see if the runout is in the flange. If the flange run true, you have a bent disc as stated above.
These discs are too thin. As a result, they can be bent very easily. They can also be straightened very easily. If this is the case, there is no reason to send it back, just staighten it yourself. You could straighten a bent disc in about 5 minutes or less.
Nitro

Well thanks to the advice of Miniwood and Creia I called "Monster Scooter" back and asked to speak to the mgr. and I explained the problem to the fellow that took the call - he had me hang on for a moment while he checked with his boss and he came back with they would replace the wheel assembly at no charge to me prior to this I was told I would have to pay the return shipping - thanks guys for the advice to try again and two thumbs up to "Monster Scooter" for doing the righht thing by their customer. The new one runs nice and true with no "Wobble".

THANK YOU GUYS

Flyier

:smile:

Last edited: