New rides entry: 1970 Couparral Tony Pony

Wicokid 1970 Couparral Tony Pony

I was looking for another project this summer... I purchased this rolling chasis after finding a tank among some other items. now I need an engine, fenders and guards at least. Im having buyers remorse, can someone tell me i didnt get a bad deal?

Last edited:
I like it! It's a lot better of a start then most bikes I get. Manchester1 can most likely help you out with the seat. I like it though, I think it's a good start

Sent from my iPad using OldMiniBikes

Hey thanks DragRacetpp!

I have been working on a 1976 Goldwing and had an oppourtunity to pick this up for $385 without the engine. I looked the cost of the cost of US820 Engine and about choked. These may be small but arent cheap. I sent a message to your recomendation of a seat guy and hoping to find someone with experience bringing this back to original. Or as close as I can afford...

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be original, just build it how YOU like it. Some of the best builds on here are the furthest from original. That is a very cool bike, how ever you do it up it will look great. Manchester1 has done 6 or so seats for me now, always very high quality at a great price. The original wheels look like Azusa wheels, witch arnt too bad price wise. I think those wheels on it can look great too all cleaned up/ painted.

Just build it how you like it, original can be very expensive. It will be great however you decide to build it!

Sent from my iPhone using OldMiniBikes

Thanks for the great advice. I believe you are spot on. You know some bikes have alot of parts available this one does not. So glad to hear you say that because I am seeing what could work out to be very nice and be much more affordable.

I appreceate the help with those wheels. Thinking of a good color too, that original tan didnt do much for me anyway.