New Taco, Weird #

Thanks for the info!. I can't seem to find the serial# info on those sites. I have them bookmarked and had looked at them. Are the forks and rims I have standard because they look somewhat Hondaish?

Fred

CarPlayLB

The tire and wheel combo can vary from bike to bike. I think I bought a total of 5 front brake hubs before I got the one I needed! They are different from the Hondas. Some Gemini minibikes and Mavericks had those parts, as well as those forks. The Geminis and Mavericks typically had a cast aluminum top plate where the the bars mounted to. Yours looks like it has risers added to it.
Looks to be a fairly complete bike you have there! I'll give ya $100 for the forks! :laugh:

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

What color is it? The Taco purists will come-a-bitchin' saying it was supposed to be blue, but yours looks purple. Mine had red, then blue, then purple on it when I got it. I am doing mine purple!...'cause all Tacos are purple...right?

Well I am about half-assed color blind but when I was cleaning off the numbers it looked like the purple/blue I remember as a kid. The "Don't like me" line kind of stretches around the block but I actually paid $125 for the Cat 250X and the Taco. My Son picked them up for me in Idaho and I just got them home Saturday. I am not even looking for anymore bikes but when they pop up and are a deal, I can't resist.

Fred

CarPlayLB

I hear ya! To me it's like ya got a $25 Cat!:laugh:

...and the "stretches around the block"...I dunno what that means, but if I offended, I was only foolin'! My apologies