New to forum

fatlip

Hello, im just starting to get into minibikes again. I have a grandson, have been looking at mini bikes for the last 3 months and found this forum. Looks like a great place to freshin up about minibikes. I road and owned minibikes in the 60s-70s and it was such a good feeling to ride. Want my grandson to experience that feeling also. Mini bikes were every where in 60s and had a Rupp (Sprint I think), Lil Indian and a Yamaha 100 enduro, all at different times. We would trade them off all the time. Im into 60s/70s muscle cars and have a 1971 Chevelle (not SS) that I have 90% finished. The body is all that left with minor work. So now its back to my youth days and fixing up a old Rupp, etc for my grandson and im sure more grand kids to come over the years.

Any how, thanks to all for the great sight.

Oldsalt

This is the place! As for finding a proper mini bike; Have you tried asking all your friends and fellow employees and etc. if they know where a mini is at? Really, it worked for me several times. The other is to put an ad in a local paper asking to buy a old style mini bike with "small wheels and lawn mower type engine". That works every time.

fatlip

Thanks on the info. I have watched e-bay and craiglist big time, either to far away or not what im looking for. As for friends, etc, nothing as of yet. I posted im looking for a mini bike on criagslist with no replies to date. Im looking at this on e-bay, what do you all think it is really worth? Its a 7 hr (round trip) drive from me, but if its looks all there im interested.
The Chevelle pic on here, is that your ride or a brochure pic, Ive seen that pic before.
eBay Motors: Other Makes (item 250381244822 end time Mar-07-09 04:05:21 PST)

Thanks again and any thoughts would be great.

Rick

Last edited: